City Greats No Longer Connected To City.

strongbowholic said:
brianstrousers said:
Neil Young is one hard faced fucker,he's almost made a career out of slagging City off because they and everyone else owe him something.
The man has no shame
You couldn't be more wrong.

Youngie had a grievance as Swales reneged on a promise. I'm sure further detail was posted on here by someone explaining his reluctance to pursue this any further as well.

I understand the prognosis on his leg doesn't make for good reading either and there is a strong possibility he is going to lose it (please God let that be misinformation I've been given) and all caused by an injury sustained playing for City.

So yes, proper hardfaced fucker.
'All caused by an injury sustained playing for city'
ffs,wasn't his job was it?
Young had numerous benefit 'testimonials' including a dinner at Sachas but it was never enough,a leech of the highest order that couldn't move on

brianstrousers said:
strongbowholic said:

Youngie had a grievance as Swales reneged on a promise. I'm sure further detail was posted on here by someone explaining his reluctance to pursue this any further as well.

I understand the prognosis on his leg doesn't make for good reading either and there is a strong possibility he is going to lose it (please God let that be misinformation I've been given) and all caused by an injury sustained playing for City.

Young had numerous benefit 'testimonials' including a dinner at Sachas but it was never enough,a leech of the highest order that couldn't move on

That is so wrong, players in todays era could be called leeches and did sod all for our club, you get my 2 fingered salute

How about Mickey Doyle Tommy Boothe Tony Coleman even Rodney Marsh (I know he was more into C Palace)

citygirl77 said:
How about Mickey Doyle Tommy Boothe Tony Coleman even Rodney Marsh (I know he was more into C Palace)

Tommy Booth is now involved on the corporate side of things I am glad to say.

brianstrousers said:
strongbowholic said:

Injury in football is certainly an occupational hazard and as a result of that, one of City's great players faces losing a fecking limb for cryin out loud - I couldn't even begin to imagine facing that. Yes events have been held and the majority at the behest and organisation of the ex-players association and the fans. However the point of Neil's grievance was that he was promised something and Swales reneged on it.

Reading your post, I'm feeling - and forgive me if I am wrong - it is yourself who is the 'hardfaced fucker'.

strongbowholic said:
brianstrousers said:
Injury in football is certainly an occupational hazard and as a result of that, one of City's great players faces losing a fecking limb for cryin out loud - I couldn't even begin to imagine facing that. Yes events have been held and the majority at the behest and organisation of the ex-players association and the fans. However the point of Neil's grievance was that he was promised something and Swales reneged on it.

Reading your post, I'm feeling - and forgive me if I am wrong - it is yourself who is the 'hardfaced fucker'.

Perhaps a real bitter Blue? ;-)

the goats backside said:
brianstrousers said:

That is so wrong, players in todays era could be called leeches and did sod all for our club, you get my 2 fingered salute

if it wasn't for people and players like neil young, please tell me if i'm wrong is the only person to have scored in a european cup final and also scored two the day we last won the league as well as scoring in our only fa cup final win since? we wouldn't hve the illustroius past we did. comments like this not only annoy me but make me pity the people that make them a true legend of the club and from reading his book a scholar

Didsbury Dave said:
fbloke said:
I read somewhere on here that Neil Young had finally been provided with a role at City. I hope that is true as he will no doubt welcome both the money and the buzz around the club.

Paul Lake is now working for CITC and sometimes bump into Ian Brightwell doing his corporate schmoozing at games. All good stuff IMO.

The current Board have made it a priority to recognise the history of the club and put considerable effort into healing old wounds with ex-players and offering opportunities for them to again be involved.

Is Alan Oakes for example never at COMS? I dont recall many references to him in discussions about the glory years etc.

I for one would like Oakes back at City in some capacity. For the younger and newer fans not sure why just get over to Wikipedia and have a look.

Another, although not a player, would be Roy Bailey. I was talking to Lakey at the ASD day at the end of last season and even he doesnt know where Roy is and what he is doing.

But which ex-player(s) do you miss (they have to be alive of course) and would like to see back at the club?

A mate of mine met Roy Bailey a couple of years ago.

He's working in the playground industry for an ex-Arsenal pro. Sadly that player's identity eludes me but it was someone from the 80s.

I Think the player you are think of is Perry Groves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.