City have £54 Million (at least) heading their way….

So what will be the qualifying criteria going forward beyond 2025?
I saw 9 million quoted as Citys earnings from this years competition. Another 116 million in addition to a clubs earnings is mega money
City and Chelsea will qualify as last 2 English winners in the next one. Is it 5 or 10 year UEFA co-efficients for various countries or something else?
https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/tenyears/

Summer 25 is next season
It’s after next PL season. It can’t affect the PL season retrospectively.

It’s a Summer tournament after the PL and CL season ends. Like the World Cup. I am imagining Corky thought the tournament was in the middle of the season like the one we just won was.

Last edited:
So what will be the qualifying criteria going forward beyond 2025?
I saw 9 million quoted as Citys earnings from this years competition. Another 116 million in addition to a clubs earnings is mega money
City and Chelsea will qualify as last 2 English winners in the next one. Is it 5 or 10 year UEFA co-efficients for various countries or something else?
https://www.uefa.com/nationalassociations/uefarankings/tenyears/
UEFA have 12 of the 32 places fir 2025 and have allocated four to the CL winners in 2021-24. So that's City, Chelsea and Real Madrid plus the winners this season. The other eight places (or nine if City or RM win it again) go to the clubs with the top coefficients.
The competition will be held every four years so UEFA could stick with the same formula and include the CL winners from 2025-28 as their initial four.
The real issue for me is that top players will only get a break every four years if they play for a moderately successful international side. It will be even worse if FIFA move to a biennial World Cup.

It's an additional month of football for the playing staff at the end if a gruelling PL season and CL which we will have undoubtedly gone deep in.

Are players going to expected to go on a pre-season tour immediately after as well. Nobodys going to get a break.

Staff resources are going to have to be very carefully managed to avoid burnout of our best players. Minutes are going to have to be micro managed and I suspect we may make 1 or 2 additions to the playing staff. This competition will have many more heavy hitters going forward where "playing the kids" won't be an option if you want results. I can think of 116 million reasons why that will be the case.

Will the group games be played at the same venue or would fans be expected to be trekking all over America of they want to watch more than 1 match?

The Club World Cup:

In 2025 a £2.2billion prize pot has already been raised. Each participating club will bank £54million for just turning up. The eventual winners will land a further £62.5million. Not bad for seven games played over a month.

Thats a total of £116 Million for the Winners just in prize money alone.

This year’s winners got £4 Million

Quite a difference.

So City and Chelsea are already guaranteed a minimum of £54 Million in 2025.

That should cover any PL fine ;-)

Merry Christmas Blues!
What PL fine?

We ain't going to be paying any fine, indeed I would imagine the PL will have to be paying us considerable damages.

It's an additional month of football for the playing staff at the end if a gruelling PL season and CL which we will have undoubtedly gone deep in.

Are players going to expected to go on a pre-season tour immediately after as well. Nobodys going to get a break.

Staff resources are going to have to be very carefully managed to avoid burnout of our best players. Minutes are going to have to be micro managed and I suspect we may make 1 or 2 additions to the playing staff. This competition will have many more heavy hitters going forward where "playing the kids" won't be an option if you want results. I can think of 116 million reasons why that will be the case.
116 million ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.