City have £54 Million (at least) heading their way….

It’s after next PL season. It can’t affect the PL season retrospectively.

It’s a Summer tournament after the PL and CL season ends. Like the World Cup. I am imagining Corky thought the tournament was in the middle of the season like the one we just won was.

I'm pretty sure Corky knows when the tournament is.

Adding extra games can and will affect the season even if they are played after the PL and CL finishes as we will have to manage the players game time particularly towards the end of those competitions.

It's an additional month of football for the playing staff at the end if a gruelling PL season and CL which we will have undoubtedly gone deep in.

Are players going to expected to go on a pre-season tour immediately after as well. Nobodys going to get a break.

Staff resources are going to have to be very carefully managed to avoid burnout of our best players. Minutes are going to have to be micro managed and I suspect we may make 1 or 2 additions to the playing staff. This competition will have many more heavy hitters going forward where "playing the kids" won't be an option if you want results. I can think of 116 million reasons why that will be the case.
Agree that it’s not ideal for the players but I like the idea of a genuine World Cup format for clubs. It would be 7 games maximum to navigate but there should be opportunities to rest players in group games against lesser opposition. It’s way too lucrative not to be in it, and any subsequent pre-season tours will have to take a back seat in terms of team selection.

It’s after next PL season. It can’t affect the PL season retrospectively.

It’s a Summer tournament after the PL and CL season ends. Like the World Cup. I am imagining Corky thought the tournament was in the middle of the season like the one we just won was.

I didn't say "next season" I said "the next season" which in the context of a thread about the 2025 CWC would normally be taken as the season after.

CL final - one weekend off - CWC starts - CWC final - two weekends off - Charity Shield (a week earlier than normal for the 2026 world cup).

Something has got to give, not least KDB with be out of contract mid CWC 2025 as it stands, which will be the same for others, and I have mentioned before. The CWC doesn't fit with PFA contract dates.

We saw what happened in 2000, they cancelled the next editions and went back to the drawing board.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.