City have more home games left

Big Swifty

(Apologies if already posted). In the scramble for the top four, one factor could be to our advantage: assuming that Chelsea (and probably Arsenal) are out of sight, then City have four of their remaining six fixtures at home, whereas Utd, Liverpool & Southampton have four of their remaining six games away from home.

Given our appalling away form, then it gives us a glimmer of hope. Were there four out of six away games left, I should be extremely pessimistic. Of course, it is not a foregone conclusion that our home matches will turn out well, but I am glad it's that way round.

The media have gone on about Liverpool creeping up on us, but no one has mentioned the respective goal differences (31 as against 11) which effectively give us another point advantage over the scousers.

Am I alone in thinking this is of vital importance to us? There are now so many pessimists assuming we are going to blow every game from now on.

We are in a slump and have been this year generally but it would be appalling to finish outside of the top 4 from here. Liverpool are essentially 5pts behind us considering our goal difference. We shouldn't be concerned by them - they're not playing that well themselves and they've got an FA Cup to take some of their focus.

My sights are firmly set on the rags and taking third to automatically qualify. It would make our pre-season so much better and would prevent having to play two competitive and possibly tough games before the league returns.

Having said that, considering we normally take a few games to get going - maybe it would be better to peak a little earlier... I think with the Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea games - being 4pts behind the rags should be easy to recover. We should be looking at a better goal difference over them too with the respective games. 4 home games is 4 wins in usual circumstances - which we should be getting back to. That leaves us with trips to Swansea and Spurs. We will likely need to win both but we could possibly win one and draw one to finish third.

The rags will likely pick up 10-12pts out of their remaining fixtures. We should be picking up 15pts minimum from our remaining games - I think we'll be in a position to win the last game and finish 3rd.

supercity88 said:
My sights are firmly set on the rags and taking third to automatically qualify. It would make our pre-season so much better and would prevent having to play two competitive and possibly tough games before the league returns.

Unfortunately I can see the scum getting a point at Chelsea. Maureen will as usual be more concerned about not losing than actually winning.

Our home form is actually pretty good when you consider how bad we have played lately.

Last 3 Home Games:

Newcastle - 5-0
Leicester 2-0
West Brom 3-0

Next 3 Home Games:

West Ham - Terrible form and nothing to play for
Aston Villa - Concede lots of goals and play very open which plays into our hands
Queens Park Rangers - 7/48 points away from home all season

We should be getting 9 points out of 9 in those games.

Aston Villa is in good form. Tim Sherwood turns them around

QPR is fighting for their life.

This is the time bottom of league will play more than 100%.

So both Aston Villa and QPR will be difficult games

I think we'll stay in the top four comfortably. Probably 3rd.

This must not be viewed as success though.

If MP can get his stubborn head off & drop certain players e.g. Yaya, Navas. Putting Milner on the right to help Zab out. Play Bony if fit, but not Dzeko. Give Nasri 1 final chance in the next game. If he does'nt do the business like we know he can then he's off. Stop 93 mins of slow build up & try a long ball from time to time. Any team playing against us would not expect this. Then I can't see why we can't get the results to finish 3rd & with a little good fortune 2nd.

I would agree with Gray but only because it would be good experience for the lad and I don't see us dropping out of the top 4. So why not give the EDS lads a game or 2?

3 of our remaining games are Swansea (A), Spurs (A) and Saints (H). Given our current form/performances, I wouldn't like to hazard a guess how many of those 9 points we'll win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.