City Head To China Preseason.

Yufino said:
MC ID said:
Are we going to just China or the likes of Japan too?

I wonder how many Chinese supporters we have, when you consider we used to have the likes of Sun Jihai combined with our new status in the world I wouldn't be surprised to see a few knocking about.

I am from China living in Lincoln. I started 'supporting' City when Sun Jihai was signed, but admittedly, I have never been to a City game (in fact any English football game). Since then I have been following City via TV and more importantly Bluemoon. Over the years, I have learned the history of the Club, the players, the sentiment, the humor with self-deprecation and of course the hatred (towards the other team). The thing I appreciate the most is the 'exclusiveness', i.e. City is supported by the local Manchester people in the times of high and low. However, this is also the 'thing' that put me off. I could go to one or two game as 'a good weekend break', but the City culture I have developed myself would not allow me to do this. In addition, I would not like to be 'looked' as a tourist. In a sense, I wish City did not have the money and we struggled in the league as we always did so I can 'indulge' myself in the mood of frustration, despair, blaming and self-deprecation. So that I can shamelessly claim that I am no glory hunter.

I don't think these 'good' days will never come back and definitely there will be more Chinese people 'jump the bandwagon'. However, this 'exclusive' culture (at least I have experienced on Bluemoon) will definitely put off people like me to become a fan. To become a 'big' club at the international level, there is something need to be done outside the games. Maybe something similar to the exploitation of 'Munich' incident and their 'never say never' attitude.

Anyway, I hope one day I can move to live closer to Manchester so that I can become a 'proper' supporter.

You should ignore what people say and come to the Etihad!

Yufino said:
MC ID said:

I wonder how many Chinese supporters we have, when you consider we used to have the likes of Sun Jihai combined with our new status in the world I wouldn't be surprised to see a few knocking about.

I am from China living in Lincoln. I started 'supporting' City when Sun Jihai was signed, but admittedly, I have never been to a City game (in fact any English football game). Since then I have been following City via TV and more importantly Bluemoon. Over the years, I have learned the history of the Club, the players, the sentiment, the humor with self-deprecation and of course the hatred (towards the other team). The thing I appreciate the most is the 'exclusiveness', i.e. City is supported by the local Manchester people in the times of high and low. However, this is also the 'thing' that put me off. I could go to one or two game as 'a good weekend break', but the City culture I have developed myself would not allow me to do this. In addition, I would not like to be 'looked' as a tourist. In a sense, I wish City did not have the money and we struggled in the league as we always did so I can 'indulge' myself in the mood of frustration, despair, blaming and self-deprecation. So that I can shamelessly claim that I am no glory hunter.

I don't think these 'good' days will never come back and definitely there will be more Chinese people 'jump the bandwagon'. However, this 'exclusive' culture (at least I have experienced on Bluemoon) will definitely put off people like me to become a fan. To become a 'big' club at the international level, there is something need to be done outside the games. Maybe something similar to the exploitation of 'Munich' incident and their 'never say never' attitude.

Anyway, I hope one day I can move to live closer to Manchester so that I can become a 'proper' supporter.[/quote

RAG on the Wind-Up... No doubt.

Yufino said:
MC ID said:

Anyway, I hope one day I can move to live closer to Manchester so that I can become a 'proper' supporter.
Welcome fella.

Ps - I shall wait for 3 more years to pass for your 2nd post.

Yufino said:
MC ID said:

Ni bu shi zhong guo ren. Ni yao pian wo men ma?

I don't think they are Chinese. The syntax is all wrong for a person who moved from China. The person who wrote that was born in the UK or have been living their for a long ass time.

And damn, I am so stoked about this match. A City match an hours flight away, Awesome!

Yufino said:
MC ID said:

Do you think that you lot will win at Tottenham on Monday night?

LawsBackHeel said:
Will be interesting to see the attendance at the Birds Nest Stadium and if we can fill it v's Arsenal

After the Olympics they reduced the capacity to a lot less...less than 60,000 I think. It has hardly been used since 08 and I would assume that we could fill it with our rise, and Arsenals draw in Asia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.