City Head To China Preseason.

MCFC Hong Kong supporters branch are meeting tomorrow night for the game and to chat about going to Beijing late July, should be a fair few of us up for it.

bob stockport said:
I hate all this shop window stuff - I used to slag the rags off when they did it - surely we don't need the cash.

For the FFPR we probably do, raising our profile in China, India, America etc will increase revenue and help us comply with the regulations.

The Sheik himself won't need the cash but our overall turnover will benefit from having the extra cash.

Yufino said:
MC ID said:
Are we going to just China or the likes of Japan too?

I wonder how many Chinese supporters we have, when you consider we used to have the likes of Sun Jihai combined with our new status in the world I wouldn't be surprised to see a few knocking about.

I am from China living in Lincoln. I started 'supporting' City when Sun Jihai was signed, but admittedly, I have never been to a City game (in fact any English football game). Since then I have been following City via TV and more importantly Bluemoon. Over the years, I have learned the history of the Club, the players, the sentiment, the humor with self-deprecation and of course the hatred (towards the other team). The thing I appreciate the most is the 'exclusiveness', i.e. City is supported by the local Manchester people in the times of high and low. However, this is also the 'thing' that put me off. I could go to one or two game as 'a good weekend break', but the City culture I have developed myself would not allow me to do this. In addition, I would not like to be 'looked' as a tourist. In a sense, I wish City did not have the money and we struggled in the league as we always did so I can 'indulge' myself in the mood of frustration, despair, blaming and self-deprecation. So that I can shamelessly claim that I am no glory hunter.

I don't think these 'good' days will never come back and definitely there will be more Chinese people 'jump the bandwagon'. However, this 'exclusive' culture (at least I have experienced on Bluemoon) will definitely put off people like me to become a fan. To become a 'big' club at the international level, there is something need to be done outside the games. Maybe something similar to the exploitation of 'Munich' incident and their 'never say never' attitude.

Anyway, I hope one day I can move to live closer to Manchester so that I can become a 'proper' supporter.

Welcome Yufino, get straight onto the ticket office, book a hotel and have a great weekend in Manchester? Never let shortsighted idiots put you off from following Manchester City!!

Manchester it's self is a busy City that boast cultural diversities, it's one of the leading role models in Europe for its stance and friendliness. Like I said get your ticket bought and come and see city for yourself and ignore the dopes on bluemoon.

Try the north stand for your first visit.

Manchesters brilliant don't let a couple living brain doners put you off!!

Scareye said:
bob stockport said:
I hate all this shop window stuff - I used to slag the rags off when they did it - surely we don't need the cash.

Mmm, sniff sniiff!!!

absolutely - what was wrong with the pre-season tour of wythenshawe posh, timperley big shorts and olympic belgrave!

Petetheblu said:
Yufino said:
MC ID said:
Are we going to just China or the likes of Japan too?

Welcome Yufino, get straight onto the ticket office, book a hotel and have a great weekend in Manchester? Never let shortsighted idiots put you off from following Manchester City!!

Manchester it's self is a busy City that boast cultural diversities, it's one of the leading role models in Europe for its stance and friendliness. Like I said get your ticket bought and come and see city for yourself and ignore the dopes on bluemoon.

Try the north stand for your first visit.

Manchesters brilliant don't let a couple living brain doners put you off!!

Thank you so much, Petetheblu. I have been to Manchester before but the idea of going to a match sounded a bit daunting to me. But I definitely will go soon and really experience the it. North Stand it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.