City In Europe: Romania!

CityinEurope

Dear Members,

Since the draw was made, at lunchtime, we have been negotiating with a number of airlines, for a charter aircraft.

As initially stated, our intentions are to provide a cost friendly service, as a result of public holidays, summer schedules, already in place, we feel we would not be achieving the above objective.

Aircraft are simply not available at a competitive price, and as such, a day trip excursion, out of Manchester, inclusive of taxes, transfers etc. would be well in excess of £300.00 per person.

Even at that cost, we would also need the aircraft to fly at its full capacity of 200 seats.

On that basis we are not proposing to run a trip, and would advise members to look at making alternative arrangements, we trust you understand our decision.

Moving forward, the clubs progression in the competition, will see a Group Stage draw, made on 27th August, for games to be played between September and December. Hopefully, by this time, we should be in a position to achieve a more competitive pricing structure, from the airlines.

Again, i trust you understand our decision!

Re: CITY IN EUROPE, ROMANIA!

CityinEurope said:
Dear Members,

Since the draw was made, at lunchtime, we have been negotiating with a number of airlines, for a charter aircraft.

As initially stated, our intentions are to provide a cost friendly service, as a result of public holidays, summer schedules, already in place, we feel we would not be achieving the above objective.

Aircraft are simply not available at a competitive price, and as such, a day trip excursion, out of Manchester, inclusive of taxes, transfers etc. would be well in excess of £300.00 per person.

Even at that cost, we would also need the aircraft to fly at its full capacity of 200 seats.

On that basis we are not proposing to run a trip, and would advise members to look at making alternative arrangements, we trust you understand our decision.

Moving forward, the clubs progression in the competition, will see a Group Stage draw, made on 27th August, for games to be played between September and December. Hopefully, by this time, we should be in a position to achieve a more competitive pricing structure, from the airlines.

Again, i trust you understand our decision!

Is this Tony O'Neill...?

Re: CITY IN EUROPE, ROMANIA!

Fair enough. People still have enough time to find alternative arrangements.

Can i suggest people look at flying to Budapest, from any of the major UK airports.

Its very easy to get to Timisoara from there, although the only train is 7:00am every morning (both ways).

Its better to driver imho. Budapest to Timisoara is approx 190miles apart.

I've had the email as well. Thanks for the prompt action. It's a shame but I appreciate the cost restraints.

I had a couple of seats on a whizz flight from Luton (shit place if you're a Manc) but by the time I got to the end they pulled the deal (not much of a deal at £220.00 each) and the cost up by £100 each.

Let's see what the Club come out with.

Transylvania is not a charter hotspot I fear...Apart from the odd Dracula movie. Does anyone here know anything about how the locals travel?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.