city in yellow

When I saw the title, I thought you meant this:

253cdd4929YDKC9.jpg.jpg

Slightly better than the one on the video, in my opinion, but not too far behind!

I might have missed it somewhere in the middle of the thread, but wasn't the Arse away yellow kit a result of the inflatable banana craze?

Whatever prompted it, it was a truly shite kit.

the talisman said:
I was at that one, top day out.

City fans just laughed when the players ran out in that awful kit.

We got absolutely thrashed, it was men against boys that day.

As usual city fans made the best of it and had a great day out in London, Arse fans didn't get our sense of humour and couldn't work out why we were having such a laugh.

Arsenal always seemed so strong in those days, very physical and city always seemed to get bullied by them. We can give it back now though with all our 6 foot plus players, can't wait for the new season, come on you blues!!!!!!

And never again in yellow please.

It was a good day and a great turnout of city fans. If I remember rightly it was Arsenals biggest crowd of the season ( could be wrong on that one but I remember Arsenal fans commenting on our great turn out ).

Time will pass me by said:
It was a good day and a great turnout of city fans. If I remember rightly it was Arsenals biggest crowd of the season ( could be wrong on that one but I remember Arsenal fans commenting on our great turn out ).

Your memory is fairly accurate. The crowd at highbury was 40,414, which was 10k more than they got against Wednesday a month earlier and about 7k more than most other fixtures around that time.

It became their 2nd highest League crowd of the season with only Spurs (46,132) beating it. Their average was 33,672.

ha ha got nicked that day(i blame the kit not the beer). thanks to the lads from droylsden (think one was called bod) for sticking round and finding me walking the streets of london

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.