City issue 'guidelines' reminder to press

Cambridgeblue said:
fbloke said:
I have just had my ear bashed and had to remove a direct reference from my original post.

Yes I am now on the run from the authorities and am apparently 'as bad as the bloody papers' big oooops.

You might want to get the mods to delete the thread as the "direct reference" you are talking about is all over this thread because of the
function.

I have now done as I have been asked.

As they say print and be damned.......

Gulp!

fbloke said:
I have just had my ear bashed and had to remove a direct reference from my original post.

Yes I am now on the run from the authorities and am apparently 'as bad as the bloody papers' big oooops.

We got you covered fbloke, edited out references to firm.

Damocles said:
fbloke said:

We got you covered fbloke, edited out references to firm.

I think I love you, ta ;-)

Re: City issue warnings to press

Apparently, it is allegedly reported that this may be true, sources have said.

Not having a go fbloke, as we all get fed up of shit in the press, but I find your 'apparentlys' a bit ironic.

We all know the press are tossers. We know they write shit. We know these sort of letters get sent out, but it does'nt change anything.

Ye goode olde days of multi million pound lawsuits against scribes writing what they want have long gone, to be replaced by a healthy mistrust and cynicism of all that is read in tomorrows fish and chip wrapper.

Do we really care what the sun, or the telegraph, write about City? Personally, I could'nt give a toss. And neither does anyone else, hence the retort 'Oh, it must be true, I read it in the sun'.

If City want to send letters out to unheard of self confessed guardians of the moral world, that's up to them, but all it will result in is an apology which will have as much impact on everyones lives as the story itself, which is Jack Shit.

I'm no lover of the national press in any way, shape, or form, but sometimes I think we should just get on with our lives and ignore those low lifes. Papers are history. They are yesterdays news. Who cares what they write?

I understand what you are saying there and would defend the use of 'apparently' in this instance because it is something I was told and cannot specifically confirm myself. I have though offered as much detail as I can.

I suspect that a business like City will start with these letters by way of laying out the rules of engagement (similar to a recent thread about serious NDA's that are now in place).

If the other parties now deviate from the clearly laid out position contained within the letters they could pursue the matter further.

Its the 'keep off the grass' sign all over. Some could argue that such a warning is about not using marijuana but 'keep off the lawns' is specific enough to deter.

At least City are now setting the ground rules which has apparently never been done before.

fbloke said:
I understand what you are saying there and would defend the use of 'apparently' in this instance because it is something I was told and cannot specifically confirm myself. I have though offered as much detail as I can.

I suspect that a business like City will start with these letters by way of laying out the rules of engagement (similar to a recent thread about serious NDA's that are now in place).

If the other parties now deviate from the clearly laid out position contained within the letters they could pursue the matter further.

Its the 'keep off the grass' sign all over. Some could argue that such a warning is about not using marijuana but 'keep off the lawns' is specific enough to deter.

At least City are now setting the ground rules which has apparently never been done before.

That's fine, but given the general perception of the national press these days as being nothing but a figure of fun, does it really matter what they write?

Does anyone with a bit of a brain these days sit in the takeaway waiting for their meal, reading the paper, and get hot under the collar?

20 years ago, perhaps they did.

I just don't understand why City should be so enraged by some comments which few people will believe anyway, they have to start writing letters which will ultimately result in nothing.

The 'no smoke without fire' saying springs to mind.

How you and I feel about the value of the press does not mean the majority feel and think the same.

In the modern age a simple headline is all that is needed for people to form an opinion.

'Manchester City fail again' or "Manchester City in fatal error' could form an image of our great club that lasts for years if repeated often enough.

If the press are allowed to go unchallenged then it will have an impact on sponsorship revenues as well as player acquisitions in the future.

When push comes to shove it is either guilt or glory by association.

Are we so arrogant that the great unwashed can't decide for themselves!

The press have an image of themselves that is way beyond their standing.

Like I wrote earlier, the phrase 'it must be true because I read it in the sun' is a bit of a mantra. It's not just the sun, but all the papers.

I could go on about the BBC and their dumbing down to the extent that I have to watch weather forecasts being explained in graphics that I could have understood when I was 10 years old!

The point I am making is that the influence of the press is fading. True, it may just be my opinion, and yours as well, but suggesting that a simple headline is all that it takes for people to change their thinking is off the mark.

It's just my opinion, and maybe I am healthily cynical. I like to think so, with a dose of pragmatism stirred into the pot as well.

Let's put it this way. Start a thread on here, something about the press being the guardians of virtue and all that is wholesome in the world.

Go on, have a laugh!

Slightly off-topic-but-still-press-based, I just watched the Mancio pre-derby press conf on the official site and the amount of bullshit fucking stirring by rag twat "journalists" is astonishing.

"OOOOOOHHHH!!! ROBINIHO'S UNHAPPY!!!!1 lol"

Why are they bothering with this irrelevant shite? Cretins. Go take a running fuck at a passing trout.

Yes, I'm angry.

Spider said:
Slightly off-topic-but-still-press-based, I just watched the Mancio pre-derby press conf on the official site and the amount of bullshit fucking stirring by rag twat "journalists" is astonishing.

"OOOOOOHHHH!!! ROBINIHO'S UNHAPPY!!!!1 lol"

Why are they bothering with this irrelevant shite? Cretins. Go take a running fuck at a passing trout.

Yes, I'm angry.

Sublime. That's a new one for my vocabulary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.