City ladies team

Seen a city girls team walking around Douglas town centre yesterday. Not too shabby either.

davymcfc said:
Seen a city girls team walking around Douglas town centre yesterday. Not too shabby either.
you know the rules... cant have fu21 outdoing you on the picture front...

Well, the Doncaster Belles have lost their appeal, so MCLFC will definitely be in the WSL next year.

Falastur said:
Well, the Doncaster Belles have lost their appeal, so MCLFC will definitely be in the WSL next year.

Not sure if that really would have affected our Ladies team even if they had won the appeal.

S04 said:
Falastur said:

Not sure if that really would have affected our Ladies team even if they had won the appeal.

If the Belles had won their appeal, they'd have been restored to the WSL and we'd have been kicked back into the WPL. I know the FA could've just expanded the league to accommodate both, but seriously - if they were interested in doing that they'd have done it for the Belles already. Once a group like the FA get their minds on doing something, they don't usually like agreeing to alter the plans but instead push them without thought of alteration to the point where they cease to be viable ideas anymore.

Falastur said:
S04 said:
Falastur said:

If the Belles had won their appeal, they'd have been restored to the WSL and we'd have been kicked back into the WPL. I know the FA could've just expanded the league to accommodate both, but seriously - if they were interested in doing that they'd have done it for the Belles already. Once a group like the FA get their minds on doing something, they don't usually like agreeing to alter the plans but instead push them without thought of alteration to the point where they cease to be viable ideas anymore.

They would not have kicked us out as we meet all the criteria, Doncaster sadly don't so wouldn't have been reinstated. The truth has finally come out today about this and I'm glad of that as its getting boring defending City. There was a set criteria which we meet with fying colours. Once people get to see what city are doing for women's football the negative press shoud stop. Very exciting times ahead.

I've also been told the girls I know got contracts this week. Not sure how many did, but it's wiped away the rumour that City were getting rid of everyone for new players!

Ah Fu21 is back... Good because I must ask about something not really MCLFC related.
An American friend of mine mentioned in passing when we talked about the New York City project (Sceptical) that if City really wanted their money back on a stadium in NY they need to use it a lot more, like perhaps setting up a womens team as well because MLS teams don´t play that many games.
"Seriously? I asked him.."
"Yeah he said, having a Ladies team playing in a nice inner City stadium would bring a lot of goodwill and some extra revenue"

So I thought that if it is such a good idea, perhaps it´s an avenue already rumoured about in some circles?
I´d like to stress that there´s no inside knowledge here, just me going out on limb sort of..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.