City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

From an Arsenal perspective this isn't great for us. The main ruling I see from this that impacts us is the fact that club owners can't give the club loans without having fair market value interest charged.

At present the Kroenkes loan the club £250m and as football is a risky business I'd say fair market value interest rates are around 8% so that's an extra £20m that needs to be factored into FFP moving forward.
If there was any doubt, it’s 100% clear that Arsenal are scum!

Well, well, well.

Firstly, the stones on City for taking this fight on when already in the midst of the other fight, is hugely commendable and shows the level of intelligence and competence at the club.

Second- we talk on here of conspiracies and “the cartel”. Well, today is all the proof we need we’ve been right for the last decade and more.

Third, yet another example of the PL making rules up as it goes along, at the behest of a a few select favourites. Even when those rules are unfair and unlawful.

Fourth - the biggest example of “acting in bad faith” you’ll ever see. Yet these cunts have the gall to charge us with “not acting in good faith”? You couldn’t make this up.

Fifth - blind eye to the shareholder loans that a lot of these cunts are being held up by. The likes of Arsenal and Everton will be fucking shitting themselves re PSR now.

Sixth - Panja, Zeigler, Lawton and Keegan shown up as the KFAs they are and none should ever be named as “sources” on here ever again.

This is a seismic day. City have taken the cheating fuckers on and showed them up for what they are. Heroic.

What a day to be a blue.
In a nutshell.

Found this part of the PL statement interesting.

"Moreover, the Tribunal found that the Rules are necessary in order for the League’s financial controls to be effective."

I get this. No point having the rules if clubs just sidestep them.

So when do they sort out Chelsea selling the hotel to themselves?

I think upon a little reflection the extent of City’s victory depends on the club’s objectives. If it was to destroy APT (which I highly doubt) then it’s correct to say it’s somewhat limited, although still material. If it was to recalibrate the rules (which I expect it was) then the success would have to be, at the very least, characterised as highly successful.

However, what cannot be open to debate is the extent of the PL’s defeat. A de facto public authority having a finding that its rules were unlawful, as was the way they were applied, is huge. As are the findings of procedural irregularity and unfairness.

To fail to understand this is to fail to appreciate the function of an authority such as this, the laws of natural justice and the burden and standard of proof required to establish such findings.

This following from the Leicester shambles further underlines this organisation is not even close to being fit to oversee a multi-billion pound industry that has attained huge strategic and commercial importance to the UK.

That should be the story, but instead all we have is mental gymnastics from the media about how neither side won - when one of them manifestly lost.

90377491-13916133-image-m-16_1727885877348.jpg
How on earth do they work out that united owe £0 to their owner ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.