City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Stefan has just thrown us under a bus - judgement 'not significant' and it's left to Lord Jaw Jaw to point out the obvious. Really disappointed with this lad.
I think there's an element of reputation management for Stefan. He wrote off City's chance of winning anything with this challenge so he's naturally playing down our success.

To be fair it's a hugely complex judgement and the ramifications as he said will take time to unravel.
The fact the PL acted in a way that is unlawful does not require complex analysis, as Cliff has pointed out. It’s a basic and fundamental finding, given the unlawfulness relates to competition law and the ambit of the rule itself.

It’s pretty straightforward from where I’m standing.

That link is very revealing.

In summary it seems we are saying ATP is unlawful, all of it. So what if we didn’t win on a few counts. We only needed to win one for it to be unlawful.

We are bringing the house down. After years of frustration with our softly, softly approach, the gloves are now off. There is no going back.
Hopefully this will be the same with the multiple counts in 115, you find one is wrong it should snowball that others in that count are the same.

They very quickly went from anger when the news initially broke yesterday to absolute certainty that we have totally failed and it is a win for the PL - desperate to believe the PL smoke and mirrors

Post after post stating that CITY are trying to spin the outcome to try and avoid admitting that it is a PL victory

Then you have ones like this which shows their certainty that CITY are fucked on the 115/130 - they cannot understand that they are separate cases:

"It wouldn`t surprise me if an approach is made by Pannick on their behalf to see what a settlement could look like. I am convinced that the arbitration was a major part of the strategy. If they had succeeded in any way to undermine the FMV rules then this would have had a big impact on the 115(130). The fact is that it hasn`t and they will now need to take stock."

They are still praying for our demise - as this answer demonstrates:

"I’d be all for a settlement. I’d settle for Man City to be expelled from the premier league, they are fined to the extent of how much owner funds they have smuggled into the club and they have to start again at the lowest tier in football, plus state ownership is banned.
I’d settle for that."
They’re delusional beyond all hope .

Love some of the comments.

"It was the Middle East’s plan all along to create division in the top leagues, so that the big clubs that they have influence over will push for a super league in which they will be in charge of. They will destroy football as we know it for their own political and financial gain."

Obviously not aware that most of the "top clubs" (I'll be generous and include manchester united in this) are american owned? And it was them that tried to create the super league, not to mention creating the PL in the first place to keep more of the money? They think that Saudi (Newcastle) and Abu Dhabi (Man City, although not owned by the state anyway) who were barely on speaking terms not long back have got together to create the SL again that City were the last to join and the first to leave last time? Talk about clueless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.