City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I have read it. Have you?

They have successfully defended many points. They will consider that a significant win.
What they consider a win is irrelevant.

On what planet has a governing body won an independent tribunal where it is found to have abused its position of dominance by implementing rules that are unlawful, unfair and unreasonable?

Already, I have rival fans clinging onto announcements that City only won two of 27 parts of the case. The desperation and myopia is very real. Expect this to be the pattern that follows.
Yeah imagine if I'm the 115 case, City are cleared of everything bar about 10 things. Those same people would be saying how the PL was triumphant

If they are so sure they won why does the key word from the judgment, ‘unlawful’, not appear in the 1,200 word PL statement? If that finding is insignificant then why not refer to it as per the judgment. It’s because they know its significance and want to avoid it.
Took the cunts 2 weeks to come up with it as well, certainly not rushed out.

All I'll say is how incredibly awesome is it that you guys have Stefan Borson on here to give his considered view based on years of expertise. Whilst the 'old man shouting at clouds' type of posts that dominate this thread may be more immediately visceral, facts and opinions based on years of expertise are optimal IMHO.
Get fucked.

Blimey. Ever done any media? Press take the sound bites they want and twist it eg when stefan says relegation might be a remedy and they don’t add “but very unlikely” codicil. Look at headlines today where they all use the outcome for their previous narrative. Even Martin Samuel (which of course we all love to read). I for one am pleased to hear Stefan correcting Jordan et al and presenting our case. If he was two one sided he wouldn’t get on the radio - it’s a tricky balance to pull off.
You're completely missing my point. Others are now sensing Stefan's deliberate hyperbole, which now seems to be underpinning his growing "City Insider" media status.

Who's telling him anything at the Etihad? He knows as much as you & I do.

Stefan could just as easily say "The PL have it all to prove, & this could be a costly exercise if City prevail". Why always the Grim Reaper shit with City?

Trust me. Stefan's looking beyond all these tribunals & is trying to build on his "City Insider" status, to the detriment of City, their fans & some fans' mental health.

It seems the PL want a meeting of club reps to sort out this situation as quickly as they can. It is poor governance and decision-making, as well as a lack of thoroughness that has contributed to the $hitshow in relation to PSR and APT. Rushing through any changes could well lead to a repeat further down the line. They may be best advised to pump the brakes a tad.

If I am a Chairperson CEO of a football club, I am putting together a team of legal advisers and senior finance officers (internal and external) ASAP to identify the potential implications of the judgement and taking my time before voting on any changes or new policy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.