City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

All a bit weird - I've been on here for 20 years, on Twitter for 15, writing on these topics for maybe 10 years, podcasts for 10? and watching City since 1982. So I do "it", in a lot of places. And I try and be objective. You do understand that the club are not trying to be objective don't you? It is not their job.
I listen to you on Talksport just now and I dont understand others here who said that you where unfair to City. Just listen again everyone , this case is not a football match the result was some City won and some PL won , I think City is happy with the verdict that is all that matters , you as usually are my go to guy in this shitshow so keep on with all the good work you do for City fans, I for one am very pleased with everything you say on X, Podcasts and here.
I understand very well what you said and why you said it and what you mean even if English in not my native language. If it wasnt for you I would be completely lost .

It can be plainly seen from the carefully crafted and worded press release that the PL don’t believe they have won.
That's what gets me, looking at some of the tweets from the usual suspects...loveable Miguel and Tariq et al, they don't seem to care that some of the basic rules of the PL have been shown to be unlawful and anti-competitive, they seem far more interested in still siding with the PL and decrying City.
I haven't seen them say "it's good that laws deemed unlawful by an independent panel will now be changed", they'd prefer those rules to continue and continue to penalise certain clubs unfairly.

This is definitely true... But there is a concern (for us, not so much him as I presume they make it worth his while) that they are using him to say 'look even a City "insider" agrees with us!' to strengthen their attempts to do harm to Man City. That's where the frustration comes from. They have people lining up to eviscerate us, and the only person attempting to be 'fair and reasonable' is the one person they allow on from our side.

When Simon Jordan is doing a better job representing City fans' feelings, something has gone awry. City grabbed the upper hand yesterday, there's no need for us to be magnanimous, because they wouldn't have been magnanimous if they'd been more successful. But I get that means they might not have him on at all.

It's like the Republicans and Democrats in the U.S. When the Republicans are in power they say fuck the Democrats, when the Democrats are in power they say we 'need to reach across the aisle'. It's why one side gets things done and the other side gets bogged down in diplomacy.

Difference is that SJ's points weren't always referencing the judgment, some were emotive and just happened to be for us this time. In the past his opinions have been emotive and against us.

The issue is when you discuss cases you aren't involved in, it's very hard to be too emotional either way because even though you can have the judgment in front of you, you still don't know what's gone on in the hearing. As a professional operating in that sphere, you have to use the judgment and form an opinion on fact.

Simon Cliff's supposed comments are promising because he was involved and City have felt so bemused that they've had to write a letter to the other clubs. As a professional though without seeing the letter, you can only speculate on that, as a fan it's slightly different.

As fans we can of course celebrate that some of the rules were unlawful and City might be able to seek damages. We can also celebrate the fact that the PL make mistakes and that's promising with the big hearing underway.

In fairness the judgment itself mixes the spellings!
I also noticed in the recital above the decision on page 164 ‘AND’ was spelt as ‘ABD’! As in ‘HEREBY AWARD ABD DECLARE’.

Unbelievable really, given what’s at stake, the exposure the determination will get and the fact it’s been signed off by both parties!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.