City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Having ploughed through all 175 pages I think the worst element of this whole saga is the contempt shown to City over the sponsorship deals at First Abu Dhabi Bank, Emirates Palace, and Etihad. If you read the incredible volume of correspondence it is clear that the PL and their financial people dragged their feet and put obstacle after obstacle in City's way. The Etihad deal was dragged out for almost 12 months. The PL told City it was "above market value" but refused to discuss how they arrived at their figures. City were told they couldnt see the comparison with other deals on the database.
The Judges slammed this despicable behaviour. These three delayed deals have probably cost City tens of millions of pounds. The PL didn't respond to letters and emails from City repeatedly. This was just pure obstruction driven by bad faith. No wonder City sued them. Just think about it. Three firms who want to invest in a business in North West England are obstructed at every opportunity. A total disgrace. No one has reported on this properly. There are pages and pages of the PL and its financial people just taking the piss out of City. It's in the link below starting at section 441.

As well as us suing the Premier League I'm wondering if said sponsors had a case for suing the Premier League too?

A song about the red cartel:

The red cartel
The fuckin red cartel
We hope you burn in hell
We hope you burn in hell
The fuckin red cartel.

The red cartel
The fuckin red cartel
We hope you burn in hell
We hope you burn in hell
The fuckin red cartel......

Repeat repeat repeat.

Need something simple with real venom.

Ah but City are the ones that have been obstructing and prevaricating to the maximum level they can get away with… according to KFA’s regarding the 115.

Perhaps we were just following the PL’s lead in handling complex financial and legal communications by adopting the Master’s ostrich position.

It’s staggering the contempt and malevolence shown by the PL to City.

If they delayed as suggested, is this something we could reference in the 115 case? They claim we haven't cooperated but going by their standards, we have done?

Ah but City are the ones that have been obstructing and prevaricating to the maximum level they can get away with… according to KFA’s regarding the 115.

Perhaps we were just following the PL’s lead in handling complex financial and legal communications by adopting the Master’s ostrich position.

It’s staggering the contempt and malevolence shown by the PL to City.
Some of the stuff in that document is unbelievable. A collective madness has taken over the PL. Their job is to encourage investment into football not to behave like the Gestapo. There was a long wrangle over whether the new Etihad deal was above "fair market value." The Judges agreed with the PL and eventually ruled that it was above market value. Presumably because the Judges were allowed to see how the PL had used the database to make their conclusion. But City were not allowed to see how Nielsen (acting for the PL) had arrived at their figures. Think about it. City were not allowed to accept external investment for their own business on the say-so of a group of PL appointed officials and City were not even allowed to discuss the details of the decision. Remember none of this is illegal. This is financial insanity. The Government needs to intervene urgently to stop this insanity which is damaging the UK economy.

Having ploughed through all 175 pages I think the worst element of this whole saga is the contempt shown to City over the sponsorship deals at First Abu Dhabi Bank, Emirates Palace, and Etihad. If you read the incredible volume of correspondence it is clear that the PL and their financial people dragged their feet and put obstacle after obstacle in City's way. The Etihad deal was dragged out for almost 12 months. The PL told City it was "above market value" but refused to discuss how they arrived at their figures. City were told they couldnt see the comparison with other deals on the database.
The Judges slammed this despicable behaviour. These three delayed deals have probably cost City tens of millions of pounds. The PL didn't respond to letters and emails from City repeatedly. This was just pure obstruction driven by bad faith. No wonder City sued them. Just think about it. Three firms who want to invest in a business in North West England are obstructed at every opportunity. A total disgrace. No one has reported on this properly. There are pages and pages of the PL and its financial people just taking the piss out of City. It's in the link below starting at section 441.

The Etihad deal wasn’t deemed to have been delayed though, the FAB and the EP ones were.

Any accountants out there want to amend the last 3 years cartel accounts taking into account the unlawful loans? Points deductions anyone??
You don’t to be an account given arsenal couldn’t afford raya & meet psr, with a retrospective 60m on post values they are fucked

Assume they’ll provide us with the benchmarking analysis and the databank and then it’s on us to make an argument.

I doubt we’ll be able to argue they’re at FMV as a consequence of getting that to be honest, which is partly why I don’t see it as a big win on those decisions as much as others.
Mmmmm... You see the issue with this is sponsorship is only valued at what someone is willing to pay. This is where everything gets murky.

I was having it with a braindead Rag today, & said to him that the PL came to the conclusion that our sponsorship level is around or below that of Everton, Villa & WHU.

I shit you not, he said those clubs have a storied histories & loyal global fanbases, with packed grounds every week & fans that will follow them everywhere, hence why the PL placed our sponsorship level beneath theirs!

Obviously I was setting a trap for him about our rejected level of sponsorship, as the details have never been revealed to my knowledge, but this illustrates the lobotomised level of dialogue City fans have to deal with in defence of our club.

Pointing out that we'd won 5 of the last 6 PLs, were reigning World Champions & former CL & UEFA Super Cup champions, & were rated by OPTA as the best football team in the world didn't matter. Everton winning the 1985 First Division title under Howard Kendall was a bigger achievement than anything we've ever managed in our history.

Have to say , Stefan has trumpeted the cause for City for a long time now when nobody else has stood in our corner ever since the charges were brought , have a look again at todays talkSPORT debate now some of the dust has settled , at the end of the day he’s a lifetime blue with a different professional opinion based on his professional career at the top end of football finance , I’d rather congratulate him for standing our corner throughout all of this shit , so keep up the good work Stefan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.