City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Did someone post the City letter to clubs? I can't find it.

The one that says "give us a call if you want it explaining..."

Mmmmm... You see the issue with this is sponsorship is only valued at what someone is willing to pay. This is where everything gets murky.

I was having it with a braindead Rag today, & said to him that the PL came to the conclusion that our sponsorship level is around or below that of Everton, Villa & WHU.

I shit you not, he said those clubs have a storied histories & loyal global fanbases, with packed grounds every week & fans that will follow them everywhere, hence why the PL placed our sponsorship level beneath theirs!

Obviously I was setting a trap for him about our rejected level of sponsorship, as the details have never been revealed to my knowledge, but this illustrates the lobotomised level of dialogue City fans have to deal with in defence of our club.

Pointing out that we'd won 5 of the last 6 PLs, were reigning World Champions & former CL & UEFA Super Cup champions, & were rated by OPTA as the best football team in the world didn't matter. Everton winning the 1985 First Division title under Howard Kendall was a bigger achievement than anything we've ever managed in our history.

You could always point out that we are the second biggest brand in football in 2024. We were the biggest brand in 2023. Evaluation carried out by Brand Finance.

Just noticed the remarkable similarity between this scenario and the Black Knight on Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Go and watch it with City and the PL in mind.
(Sorry - don’t know how to attach things)
I've been observing events over the past 24 hours or so and my mind keeps referring back to a scene or two in 'The Godfather'.

At a gathering of the Heads of the Five Families in New York, Don Corleone asks 'How did we get to this?'

Then after some conversational to-ing and fro-ing he stifles his reaction/light bulb moment to Don Barzini's request that Corleone share his government contacts, that 'Don Corleone must allow us to draw water from the well..'

On the way home from the meeting, having made 'peace' with the Tattaglia family for the recent war, Corleone says to an incredulous Tom Hagen in their car, 'But I did not know until this day that it was Barzini all along..'

Clearly, no Marlon Brando moi but until yesterday and everything that has been revealed since then, I always had The Red Filth and The Red Scouse Filth as the prime movers of all this nonsense we've had to put up with since 2008. Now, it seems clear to me that if any club is 'Barzini', pulling the strings and stirring the pot, it's The Tarqunts..

F**k 'em, they'll get exactly what they (and their Red Cartel chums) deserve..

You could always point out that we are the second biggest brand in football in 2024. We were the biggest brand in 2023. Evaluation carried out by Brand Finance.
That and the most watched football team globally, but no, Everton's First Division title in 1985 & the 39,000 they get at Goodison makes them a FAR bigger club than City will ever be... \0/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.