City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I am afraid this football regulator will be a big scam, I cannot see any UK government Labour or Tory put together a great regulatory body to regulate football. If anything our rivals be in the ear of the person in charge just as they are with Masters. Starmer already getting sweet gifts from Arsenal due to this.
Unfortunately. insidious red bastards

Nope, the tribunal are saying the information is there for them to make that decision, but they denied access to City to that information, the tribunal was about how the PL made decisions lawful or unlawful, on this case it called it procedurally unfair, so PL must disclose this information to City.

It is stating the information is there for the PL to make such a decision, the IC isn’t checking figures and stating well that amount looks about right!

So again, your opinion only, nothing else.

They said that didn’t impact the fmv assessment too though. They covered both, in terms of whether City should have had access to the benchmark analysis (they should have, hence the end judgment) and also whether the PL acted unfairly in its FMV assessment in consideration of that benchmark analysis and other things, which they said they didn’t. It was also only relevant to the Etihad deal, not the others. 530-531 being the main points in the judgment but worth reading the section before.

That’s why it’s going to be hard to argue. The tribunal used the benchmark analysis to get to their judgment on the second point.

Yes it’s my opinion but it’s not nothing else, it’s based on the findings. My opinion based on nothing else is it’s more likely those deals go through because clubs can’t agree on either retrospective dealings or new lawful rules and end up having to allow both through.

Last edited:
Quick question for any late night readers. So these interest free loans from directors that the Likes of Arsenal, Brighton etc have put in. Is the easy option for them to not just convert them to equity or does this mean those loans are then written off?

No the easy answer is convert them to equity. Mansours done most of ours that way from the start.

After reading all 175 pages I am more convinced that City have played a blinder in the face of a hostile and malicious organisation. The way the club has been treated during this long-running dirty tricks campaign is appalling. The Judges, as they always do, have applied the letter of the law but the tone used in their final summary (ignored by some of the media) tells you everything about this case. The PL has become a poisonous organisation. It is not fit to regulate football because it has been corrupted by the influence of some Club Directors. The fact that Arsenal apparently drafted the new APT regulations which exempted interest free loans is incredible. Though it is redacted in the papers I suspect Arsenal were also the ones leading the 11 other clubs who tried to undermine Newcastle United aided and abetted by Richard Masters. Who is going to launch an investigation into the Premier League?
Who is going to investigate the league? Arsenal would be my guess -:)

They have won fuck all so can play tiddly winks with the font size.

I always thought the rags and dips drove thi agenda with spurs lagging behind but it seems the real snake is the arse. Time to chop the head off, shareholders loans repayments anyone?

what a greedy mess.

No the easy answer is convert them to equity. Mansours done most of ours that way from the start.

That might help for the 2024/25 season numbers but not the 3 seasons before that where they'll have to add in 5% interest as a debt for every year. It's probably going to add on -£25 million in Arsenal's case. Not sure about Brighton's situation but Everton's is probably allowed expenses due to stadium and take over stuff anyway.

That might help for the 2024/25 season numbers but not the 3 seasons before that where they'll have to add in 5% interest as a debt for every year. It's probably going to add on -£25 million in Arsenal's case. Not sure about Brighton's situation but Everton's is probably allowed expenses due to stadium and take over stuff anyway.

Yes, mentioned that earlier, they’re going to get in a mess with what they do retrospectively. Highly doubt they’ll apply the loan interests, which is why I think this’ll end up back in tribunal again at some point.

This made me chuckle, I’ll buy this Geordie a pint if ever run in to him.

“full expect an independent football regulator to have a board of Jim Ratcliffe, John Henry, Stan Kroenke, Daniel Levy, and chaired by supercunt Rick Parry who has spent his whole career trying to hand the footballing world to Liverpool.”
That’s me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.