City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Gill is regularly seen sitting next to Ferguson at Utd matches, he's the highest ranking English man at UEFA. Parry is head of the EFL and surely has some contacts still at Liverpool. What disqualifies them as good sources?
Because we know what their end-game is. They might be 'good' for him but they're using him as a mouthpiece for their anti-City agenda.

But the MP in control will also be a factor if the government gets involved, How can you truth the government when Billions of pounds are involved, Money is the root of all evil and it will make him or her big money and then they will get out as quickly possible, Elections will be held every 2 seasons and a new head selected and the shit will fall on somebody else's shoulders
I'd imagine the MP involved won't have an executive role within IREF, but more of an oversight role.

Last edited:
Gill is regularly seen sitting next to Ferguson at Utd matches, he's the highest ranking English man at UEFA. Parry is head of the EFL and surely has some contacts still at Liverpool. What disqualifies them as good sources?
You probably don't realise it but you've actually nailed it with that post. Whatever they feed to journalists will be loaded with bias. That doesn't make them good sources.

Only did 3 years at a sports law firm and instead now is a well connected legal journalist?

You're right, let's believe Martin Samuel instead whose qualifications seem to be "says what I prefer to hear".

This guy is Associate Professor at LSE Law School and Research Fellow of the Oxford Institute of European and Comparative Law. He says essentially the same as Stefan and The Lawyer.

Does he explain why City think the APT rules are now void?

Yep. From what I can gather, City were intent on tackling the February 24 amendment to the APT rules first and foremost and we won on that so the Premier League can go and get fucked.
It’s gone from city have won on a couple of trivial technicalities to the Prem calling an emergency meeting, within the space of the week.

Because we know what their end-game is. They might be 'good' for him but they're using him as a mouthpiece for their anti-City agenda.
That is by definition an excellent source. You want to know where the other side is at, then follow Panja. Nobody reads him or Delaney and expects to see any supportive or even impartial of City. Ziegler is probably the only one I'd define as impartial, the rest are all clearly one side of the other. Samuel has a piece out in 20 minutes the other day, so did Lawton. That again is a great source but the other side would say they're a mouthpiece for the City agenda.

Employed by the same employer, as per LinkedIn
Can’t see that mate. Where about?

Having looked he is due a small correction because he does have an educational qualification in the jurisdiction, namely an MA in 2019, although in International Relations which is interesting because he was practising in law at the time and therefore it’s surprising his MA wasn’t in law (unless I’m missing something with International Relations).

Yep. From what I can gather, City were intent on tackling the February 24 amendment to the APT rules first and foremost and we won on that so the Premier League can go and get fucked.
Not just the amendments. The rules themselves are unlawful.

After taking the day to wait for people qualified to analyse this to analyse this, the idea that City won some major win and Stefan was downplaying it is clearly wrong.
Having read The Lawyer's take on it, I'm surprised he thinks it was even a "score draw" frankly.
That it was found that any part of the APT rules or practices were unlawful is all that matters.

That it was found that interest free shareholders loans are unlawful could end up being huge for the league and very impactful for a few clubs.

Whether we lost many of the other things we took them to court on is neither here nor there really. The main thing is that we’ve made the PL look like a dodgy, secretive, underhand and untrustworthy organisation of shysters who have brought in unlawful rules and allowed unlawful practices to go on that benefits or lets off some clubs and not others.

It’s not about a 11:9 win either way, or even 17:3 against.

People are slowly but surely discovering that the PL are not fit to run the top league in this country. That’s where we’ve won.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.