City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

You were commenting on his ability to analyse the law, not his abilities as a journalist, at which he appears to be decent.

But he didn't DO any real analysis of the law. He stated the facts of the judgement and then said "here's what a bunch of experienced people think".

And besides, 3 years of sports law makes him one billion percent more qualified and experienced to comment on the judgement than every single working football journalist in this country combined.

After taking the day to wait for people qualified to analyse this to analyse this, the idea that City won some major win and Stefan was downplaying it is clearly wrong.
Having read The Lawyer's take on it, I'm surprised he thinks it was even a "score draw" frankly.

As personal observation your input appears intent on taking a soulless, superior and sneering approach to this topic.

Do you have a dog in the race by any chance ?

They were running out of candidates that could clearly be manipulated by the redshirt clubs.

The fact that the first 3 candidates turned the job down does imply something didn't sit right with the pl preferred candidates. Something they didn't agree with.

That it was found that any part of the APT rules or practices were unlawful is all that matters.

That it was found that interest free shareholders loans are unlawful could end up being huge for the league and very impactful for a few clubs.

Whether we lost many of the other things we took them to court on is neither here nor there really. The main thing is that we’ve made the PL look like a dodgy, secretive, underhand and untrustworthy organisation of shysters who have brought in unlawful rules and allowed unlawful practices to go on that benefits or lets off some clubs and not others.

It’s not about a 11:9 win either way, or even 17:3 against.

People are slowly but surely discovering that the PL are not fit to run the top league in this country. That’s where we’ve won.
And the phrase "red cartel" is now in everyone's head. Big win.

Will enough clubs support any new rules if the first question is, "Would we spend millions defending in court these rules designed to help the red cartel?"?

Can’t see that mate. Where about?

Having looked he is due a small correction because he does have an educational qualification in the jurisdiction, namely an MA in 2019, although in International Relations which is interesting because he was practising in law at the time and therefore it’s surprising his MA wasn’t in law (unless I’m missing something with International Relations).
I'm not getting involved in his qualifications, just scanned the LinkedIn profile you shared, I'll leave it for people that know about that stuff to judge. All I was interested in was who he knows. All the people he worked with at Solesbury went straight into employment elsewhere, including the founding partner who heads up UK Athletics.

But he didn't DO any real analysis of the law. He stated the facts of the judgement and then said "here's what a bunch of experienced people think".

And besides, 3 years of sports law makes him one billion percent more qualified and experienced to comment on the judgement than every single working football journalist in this country combined.
Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. It appeared that you were saying that he was qualified to comment rather than the unnamed sources in the article. If so, there are various manifest problems with this approach, given, in particular, the anonymity of the sources and the author’s ability to cherry pick tendentiously.

I think you are overstating his experience in the second paragraph. On the face if it, he would have been little more than an errand boy within a firm that failed and had its licence to practise revoked. I highly doubt he will have been ultimately responsible for any heavyweight work, or possible even exposed to any. So one billion percent might be a little OTT!

And it’s ‘judgment’ :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.