City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I think you also need to factor the US cartel's hostility to Arab countries into their dealings with the owners of City and Newcastle.
Perhaps but the Saudi Publc Investment Fund invests billions in the UK and the UK has huge trade deals with Saudi. The Government must be getting twitchy to see concrete evidence of 11 Premier League Clubs conspiring to block investment in another UK-based business. They would intervene if it was happening in any other industry. Surely what has happened to Newcastle is illegal.

Quite a black and white way of looking at it. It has become public that the premier league had tried to act unlawfully, bringing in rules to hamper certain sides. Prior to the case it was just speculation, we now have had it made official. In terms of the findings and which way they ruled, it is probably irrelevant. The Prem have been shown to be incompetent and bringing in rules that don't comply with UK law. It batters their credibility. Score draw my japs eye
They also knew the APT 2024 amendments were illegal before they were voted through in February apparently. That's when & why City launched their action.

It is shocking and depressing that the Newcastle story is getting virtually no coverage. As you say it's not a conspiracy theory. The evidence for the APT case shows that one (redacted) Club Director orchestrated a group of ten other club directors who then colluded with Richard Masters to introduce an emergency amendment to the rules to block investment at Newcastle United. What did the other nine clubs (including City and Newcastle) think about this collusion? How can any organisation enable a partial group of its shareholders, supported by the CEO, to actively inflict commercial damage on another member? Is this activity even legal? Who is going to investigate what is happening behind closed doors at the Premier League?
Interesting part about that to me is surely Newcastle themselves must be rather pissed to have seen it too. Wonder what they are up to in the background?

Perhaps but the Saudi Publc Investment Fund invests billions in the UK and the UK has huge trade deals with Saudi. The Government must be getting twitchy to see concrete evidence of 11 Premier League Clubs conspiring to block investment in another UK-based business. They would intervene if it was happening in any other industry. Surely what has happened to Newcastle is illegal.
Seems the only reason Newcastle's new Saudi owners were given the green light by the PL was because of government intervention.

It's halfcenturyup, not up halfcentury :D

And that was 17 years ago. Jesus, where does the time go. Having 12 year old twin girls may explain some of it .... What was I thinking?
Try having sons at 36, 34, and 28 you still worry about them at this age, doesn't get better.

Not sure if that’s a serious question.
I can't believe my post has been interpreted that way. If a journalist has access to information from one side or the other, and from someone high up the food chain then that's a good source. I can't fathom how that can be interpreted any other way.

I'd argue for example that Delaney is in the same camp as Panja but he doesn't appear to have any sources, just opinions.

Interesting part about that to me is surely Newcastle themselves must be rather pissed to have seen it too. Wonder what they are up to in the background?
It looks like an open goal to me. I will be amazed if Newcastle don't take action especially if City get significant compensation for the damage done to our sponsor deals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.