City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

’Tis but a scratch – Premier League are like Python’s Black Knight​

Need help understanding the claims and counter-claims over the Manchester City verdict? Then look no further than ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’ …​

2ccdaa2aac59ac647bbc14d432fdbd1972d9b7c5.jpg

https://archive.ph/P2Gkr#selection-1425.0-1431.149
Presumably @M23 Citizen approves of Martin's non 'scruffy" shirt and tie combo?

While I agree with a lot of the sentiment of that, personally I think they had to do something after the Newcastle deal went through. Shouldn’t have been allowed in the first place.
Yes. The real problem was accepting that Newcastle were not state owned. The fund is directly controlled by the Saudi gov.

It is my fervent hope that the Tribunal is just as offended, and says so - and adds exemplary damages to any compensation to City. "The primary intent of such damages is not to remunerate the injured party but rather to punish the defendant for their conduct and deter them, and others, from engaging in similar behaviour in the future."
I can’t see exemplary damages in this case but it depends a bit on where the PL go next.

As it is clear that the PL brought in unlawful rules deliberately to stop Newcastle progressing, why are NUFC not putting in a claim for compensation?

Because the tribunal found that even though they accepted the rules were brought in as a consequence of Newcastles acquisition, they weren’t deliberately targeted by the rules and the rules didn’t impose an object restriction on them.

I imagine if they’ve got any APTs that have had their value reduced by the board over the last few years, they’ll absolutely be looking to get them looked at again and any compensation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.