City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

You would expect some sort of horse trading to be going on. The PL now need to somehow keep City onside to prevent further costs and claims as you state. That said I can't see how this will be at all easy with several parties with different vested interests round the table. How Masters and Co think this will be sorted in under 10 days is bizarre.
City’s letter is clearly designed to encourage clubs not to vote in favour of any hastily cobbled together new rules. If the PL try and fail to get 14 votes, they are truly in the shit.

"The Tribunal has determined both that the APT rules are structurally unfair and that the Premier League was specifically unfair in how it applied those rules to the Club in practice."

I think it’s a fine line, but that’s different. That says the rules resulted in clubs being treated differently but I think the panels ruling mentioned they found no bias or discrimination in the PL’s actions (I think).

tbf everyone knows they were actually drawn up on a napkin at the famous restaurant meeting of red shite owners as opposed to a fag packet, but the rest is spot on although maybe just maybe this time when the premier leagues legal counsel advises them it might not be lawful the premier league might actually listen?
You know what gave it away they blamed it on Benson and Hedges ;)

City’s letter is clearly designed to encourage clubs not to vote in favour of any hastily cobbled together new rules. If the PL try and fail to get 14 votes, they are truly in the shit.
Yes, that plus the threat 'if you do it any way, we're still lawyered up and will do this again'. Awkward.

If that's the case, wouldn't it be quite smart to have someone on there who currently doesn't represent City and takes a factual and unbiased stance with a remarkable expertise? Maybe understatement and calmness is the way that serves us well trying to convince people that maybe the picture painted by media is not quite as perfect as many have hoped to be...
I'm not saying Stefan shouldn't go on there, on the whole he does a good job, the station is preaching to the converted and I'll repeat, they don't like City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.