City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

I also saw it, I think it was actually Paul Kelso rather than Ian King though, anyway they pressed the CE to try and get something on City but you’re right he batted things away brilliantly. He even said, when slyly pressed, that the Etihad deal with City was on fair market terms, something I’m sure Sky Sports will report, but don’t hold your breath
This is a decent summary of the interview...

https://news.sky.com/story/etihad-a...odds-for-manchester-city-sponsorship-13231021

Cheers mate, I take it all back maybe even Sky are beginning to see the light
All Etihad had to do is point to their exponential growth since 2009, which they credit mostly to their association with Manchester City.

This alone is game, set & match to MCFC. You can't argue with facts & figures... Unless you're the Premier League!

Last edited:
All Etihad had to do is point to their exponential growth since 2009, which they credit mostly to their association with Manchester City.

This alone is game, set & match to MCFC. You can't argue with factual figures...
It’s absolutely nuts anyone questioning the FMV of the deal, at any point in the last 14 years, given what Etihad have had out of the arrangement throughout that period.

It’s been an incredible arrangement for that airline.

View attachment 134484View attachment 134485

"Masters’ no-show, at a high level shindig with all-important broadcasters who pay billions into the competition’s coffers, will have been a big call. Sky are the main players in a £6.7bn deal along with TNT and the BBC, while NBC will show matches in the vital US market until 2028, which will mark a 15-year partnership. A party of top NBC bosses are in the UK for a week of planning meetings.

Masters will no doubt have spent the time preparing for the crunch, hastily-arranged summit which will take place next Thursday - and could bring face-to-face City’s legal counsel, Simon Cliff, with those who he lambasted in a blistering email on Monday night."

Oh dear... Oh deary deary me... :-)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ers-broadcast-meeting-civil-war-Man-City.html

But why though if the PL won and are happy with the outcome?! ;)

To be honest I get confused at times as well.

I'm pretty certain it's a bit of both. The allegation is:

"In respect of each of Seasons 2009/10 to 2017/18 inclusive, the Premier League Rules applicable in those seasons that required provision by a member club to the Premier League, in the utmost good faith, of accurate financial information that gives a true and fair view of the club’s financial position, in particular with respect to its revenue (including sponsorship revenue), its related parties and its operating costs."

The der Spiegel stuff on this allegation is all about sponsorship being inflated because they allege SM was paying for it.

Not inflated , just that he was paying it on behalf of Etihad. It got covered at CAS, there was no allegation of it being inflated.

It’s absolutely nuts anyone questioning the FMV of the deal, at any point in the last 14 years, given what Etihad have had out of the arrangement throughout that period.

It’s been an incredible arrangement for that airline.
Can you imagine being told it was your job to trash the new Etihad deal because it was above market value... And then you looked at Etihad's balance sheet & growth since 2009? Lol

I'd have been giving serious consideration to a career change with new employers! The fuck would I try & defend this unbelievable bollocks in public & make a right arse out of myself! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.