City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Oh, Ron. (Reference to ‘Take it from here’ for really old FOBs)
Yes Eth?
Where shall we go on holiday, Ron?
Dunno, Eth.
Could we go to the Isle of Wight, Ron?
Dunno, Eth.
Do you think you'd like Shanklin, Ron?
Dunno, Eth. I've never shankled.

That's the only one I remember.

Nothing to do with FFP. The years we’re charged with breaching PSR, there was no reason for them to be checked for fair market value as they weren’t considered related parties. The PL have charged us for that because they’re saying they should have been considered as them.

Neilson are involved in assessing APTs.
I'm not so sure that's right, City are being charged under rule E54, so City are having deals assessed for FMV and it is Neilson who are doing it.

Masters was hired by the Cartel precisely because he exuded these critical qualities. It was part of the job description...

View attachment 134489
You have to wonder how far down this road the cartel will continue to back him before his incompetence overshadows his malleability.

The damage to the league's reputation thus risk to precious media incomes will surely become too much to bare at some point; the cartel are certainly more concerned with their profitability than we are.

Yes mate, I highly researched the job history of EVERY SINGLE sports journalist in this country then got my calculator out and did the maths to calculate that it was "one billion percent". I thought for a while that it was only 999,999,986% but there was a rounding error on Sam Matterface.
Rounding error?

Sure you weren't thinking of Neil Custis? He's pretty round and he's usually in error.

As a Newcastle fan, I questioned this. Say I was a millionaire, or even a billionaire and I wanted to sponsor Newcastle Inited for £50m, and the Premier League said no, but I asked to sponsor Liverpool for that amount and they said yes, surely I have the ability to take action against the Premier League.

To me, giving Newcastle £50m would be worth it. It could buy us a player to compete, or it could be the difference between winning something, and not winning it.
Giving Liverpool that money would mean the opposite, Liverpool likely get that player ahead of Newcastle, and likely go on to win something with that money.

Naturally you all as Man City fans would feel the same about sponsoring Man City.

So who is it for the Premier League to say how I can and can’t spend my money, and how 2 teams who have an equal share in the Premier League are having 2 different limits of funding sources placed on them?

Surely in competition law, there is laws preventing that, as well as the Premier Leagues ‘Everyone is equal, and has equal opportunities’ rules.
There are.
UEFA got the EU commision to state Football was a special case (probably back handers).
There isn't such a legal exemption in the UK.
It's a downstream legal event that may or may not happen.
I draw your attention to our chairman's comments, a few years ago, about City not paying for other clubs investment mistakes.

Last edited:
You have to wonder how far down this road the cartel will continue to back him before his incompetence overshadows his malleability.

The damage to the league's reputation thus risk to precious media incomes will surely become too much to bare at some point; the cartel are certainly more concerned with their profitability than we are.
This is the point, the Cartel don't care. Their one & only mission is to stop City by any means necessary, & if that means employing a sock puppet to stand in front of the world with a serious face & make an arse of himself, so be it.

For Masters, his vast wages will be some sort of recompense for trashing his reputation. The things some people will do for money never fails to astound me...

All Etihad had to do is point to their exponential growth since 2009, which they credit mostly to their association with Manchester City.

This alone is game, set & match to MCFC. You can't argue with facts & figures... Unless you're the Premier League!
The prem seem to think that sponsorship only goes one way and that only the football club benefit from the sponsorship, when in fact Etihad have really grown and benefited from association with City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.