City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Ah, the halcyon days of the wireless. Very little tv, no internet of course, but the Light Programmme on BBC was a joy. Ray’s a Laugh, Archie Andrews, Meet the Huggets, Life with the Lyons, Two way Family Favourites, and so much more. Who would believe today that a ventriloquist was a radio star?
If Peter Brough could make a living as a ventriloquist on the radio, Richard Masters could run the Premier League.

I'm not sure who the dummy would be.

WTF! Now that is a VERY VERY good point!

City could've agreed a sponsorship deal at £20m per season above the PL's FMV, but the sponsor ended up paying £20m less per season than originally agreed. If I was the sponsor & City returned saying the PL's FMV was found to be unlawful so can you pay the balance as originally agreed, I'd be telling City 'A deal's a deal mate. I paid as per the final agreed contract, so it's not my problem fella. Go take it up with the PL'.

On this basis yes, I'd think City would have a VERY good case for compensation AND compound interest too. It could go further. Who's to say we couldn't have bid more than £90m for Declan Rice, if this sponsorship money was agreed at the original price, hence why we now have an issue replacing Rodri who's out for the season?

This FMV decision could have caused untold amounts of damage to our business!

This could be the additional litigation that Cliff was alluding to in the email he sent to the 19 PL clubs.
Wyness mentioned Northwards of 100-150 million on Twitter

I see @slbsn as a professional in his field of expertise first and foremost - offering incredible insight (as do many others) ,and a City fan thereafter. He's sharing his opinion and educated thoughts, and not being emotional in doing so.

Shite all wrong with that.

I appreciate his, and all the other posters who share their experiences and knowledge of a very complicated subject.

I'll continue to read, whilst offering little in return.

Is this good news???
Is this good news???
I’d say no because it complicates matters and makes any challenge to the FMV assessment of Etihad sponsorship very difficult to win.
A long way to go in sorting this mess out.
Message to the PL: junk associated rules, allow clubs to raise what ever they can but limit the total spending on team accounts to an absolute amount not linked to earnings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.