City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

They also worked for City.
Yes. Neilson is not a problem per se but having only one outside source is and club’s inability to look behind the curtain at the data behind the analysis certainly is.
Neilson are eminently reputable so differing answers to different clients is a problem for them.

So let’s hope that one is in the database with a suitable adjustment for premier league versus French league and relative success of both clubs in Europe …..

‘You only have to look at the farce over the wildly differing valuations of PSG's sponsorship with Qatar Tourist Authority, when UEFA were looking at it. One valuation was €8m per annum and another was over €100m. In the end they settled at €100m (c£85m).’

The problem with forever changing complex rules is that they’re easily challenged as we have seen.

The PL have gone so far down the wrong road they can’t turn around but it’s a dead end. Whatever they do now someone will challenge it. Masters is finished for a start and that’s just the beginning.

Rule makers have to be independent and not put the rules up to be voted on by clubs with vested interests.
the clubs need a motion to scrap PSR in it's entirety. I reckon most are just stick of all the bullshit now

The mad thing is, that if a consultant came up with 2 different valuations for the same thing, surely that would set a red flag and indicate a problem with the valuation process. Yet the tribunal are saying there's nothing wrong with the process. Utter bollocks

Always said it, they needed an accountant on the tribunal, instead of all these fucking lawyers.

@Prestwich_Blue was available, I believe. I could have carried his bags.

The mad thing is, that if a consultant came up with 2 different valuations for the same thing, surely that would set a red flag and indicate a problem with the valuation process. Yet the tribunal are saying there's nothing wrong with the process. Utter bollocks
I don't think the tribunal said this. They only said the PL were not wrong in relying on the evidence submitted to them.

This thing is moving too fast to read everything, but has anyone made the point that City's next step, after the APT rules have been found to be unlawful, and possibly null and void since inception, for soft shareholder loans, is to arbitrate the lawfulness of the whole FFP shebang for the same reason? Imagine FFP being declared unlawful and null and void since 2013. Delicious and a huge fucking mess.

Anything wrong with that idea?

Edit: This "win" on the APT case (or score draw) could maybe become a big bargaining chip.

You sexy bastard.

Have a glance at Villa Talk mate. A few thick as fuck Villa fans siding with the PL and Red Cartel clubs and claiming that it’s City who are corrupt! Obviously only a small snapshot and I’ve seen Villa fans elsewhere back us.

I spend a lot of my time in and around Villa fans. Broadly speaking I have about a quarter of them down as quite twatty and bitter, the rest range from ok to sound. It's not uncommon for the rest of their fan base to roll their eyes at the twatty ones but rarely do they call them out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.