City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

This thing is moving too fast to read everything, but has anyone made the point that City's next step, after the APT rules have been found to be unlawful, and possibly null and void since inception, for soft shareholder loans, is to arbitrate the lawfulness of the whole FFP shebang for the same reason? Imagine FFP being declared unlawful and null and void since 2013. Delicious and a huge fucking mess.

Anything wrong with that idea?

Edit: This "win" on the APT case (or score draw) could maybe become a big bargaining chip.

It’s almost like they’ve given them enough rope to hang themselves.

I feel this is the reason Masters ducked out of his golf day with the PL's broadcasters.

Imagine the investment the broadcasters made being undermined & threatened by the very organisation who sold them the product? It's fucking business suicide!

Personally, if I was a TV Executive, by the 2nd hole I'd have told Masters to end the bullshit. City are the most watched team on the planet, in the most popular league, & the PL are risking killing the goose that laid the golden egg all to appease the Cartel, one of whom is down in 14th & rumoured to be looking for yet ANOTHER manager?

I've honestly never seen a business go to such lengths to kill themselves & their product. La Liga & the rest must be loving this!
I will always believe. Had it not been for Mansour and his commitment to make City the biggest club in England. The PL will have been done and dusted before 2020.

The red cartel would still be dominating the CL slots and working on a budget way below what it is now. But City put a spanner in the works and all 3 have spent way above what they will have always wanted

The PL is better because of us. And more competitive than it’s ever been

Here is the required info, can you please give us your assessment?

Here is the required info, we think it’s unusually high, can you give us your assessment?

Can definitely get different responses depending on how the question is framed.

Sounds like how VAR works.

"Did the ref definitely get that wrong? Nah, I can see why he gave that, might be wrong but understandable, stick with the ref's decision."

Just read this in the Times re: Dick Masterbates. On Wednesday Masters was forced to pull out of a golf day with television executives from Sky and NBC at the exclusive Loch Lomond Golf Club, which charges in the region of £600 to visitors for a round and new members somewhere approaching £100,000 as a joining fee. The NBC executives, who pay about £350million a season in TV rights to the Premier League as the biggest overseas broadcast partner, flew in from the US for the event but Masters has had to prioritise a matter that has caused huge divisions in English football’s top flight.
I suppose you wouldn't want someone who isn't going to be in position soon, conducting discussions over an on going business relationship.

I will always believe. Had it not been for Mansour and his commitment to make City the biggest club in England. The PL will have been done and dusted before 2020.

The red cartel would still be dominating the CL slots and working on a budget way below what it is now. But City put a spanner in the works and all 3 have spent way above what they will have always wanted

The PL is better because of us. And more competitive than it’s ever been
Other clubs, other than the cartel, should be thanking City. Luckily we had deep enough pockets to take on the Premier League and get these rules over turned. Just think how much potential money they have stopped clubs from earning. We should be lauded not sneered at.

Confidence in Nielsen is surely tarnished, as we asked them for a FMV and the PL asked them for a FMV a few years later. The PL valuation using the same methodology was much lower than the valuation we paid them to give us.

So as another poster said earlier, Nielsen will deliver whatever result their client pays for.
One potential explanation is that Nielsen used different baseline data sets for each validation. We already know from the ruling that the PL were not prepared to share details of their database with us. Perhaps it is biased towards where we came from, versus where we are now / potential future value.

Designed to keep us in our place as such.

Always said it, they needed an accountant on the tribunal, instead of all these fucking lawyers.

@Prestwich_Blue was available, I believe. I could have carried his bags.
LOL. There was actually a job advertised recently with the shadow football regulator dealing with financial policies and regulation.

I was very tempted to apply but it would've involved a significant pay cut from my current role.

Matey, you have your views and I have mine,
You have a platform on talksport and get reactions good or bad it is part of the job and all I have is this forum

I would never call you pathetic or say you talk crap because it's just my views, I was just saying about the United covid19 and the PSR you were talking about and how other teams had to get allowances cleared by the panel and many clubs' allowances was turned down,

The funny thing is I think we are on the same page with the PSR allowances for clubs. Yes the bigger the club the larger the losses on match-day revenue in COVID-19, United have the largest stadium and would have bigger losses to let's say Everton, But £45million allowances for United claimed and were signed off when teams like Arsenal with 60.000 for home games only got around £5million,

If I overstep the mark on my post then Sorry, Sometimes my wording on posts is crap and that is down to the lack of my IQ levels that are in low double figures only.
As long as you break 40 points you’ll be safe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.