City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Stefan is on White and Jordan this morning. Although it's Matterface and Murphy he's schooling today.

I think the case is basically asking "Is football a sport or a business"? If it's a business then any club should be allowed to spend what they want to improve that business and sink or swim based on their business acumen. If it's a sport then every competitor should arrive at the start line with only their sporting talents to be judged not their wealth.

Now, probably, since the demise of the players maximum wage in the 1960's football has drifted from a sport where football teams from Burnley, Ipswich, Derby, Preston, Wolverhampton, West Brom, Huddersfield etc could win the League to one where only the massively wealthy can win. i.e Tesco build a multi store and put all the (normal) corner shops out of business.

So, I'd argue that the Premier League is and was formed to be a money earning enterprise. It's a business where (location, location, location) only the big city teams can prosper and the smaller town teams have to accept that the 'Usain Bolt' teams are actually given a huge start every race and their role is to shake 'Usain Bolt's hand at the end of the race.

Finally, I'd accept every club getting to the start line on relatively equal terms but I do not accept a group of red topped clubs being given a 'start' in every race based on historic rather than current performance.
Especially when the red clubs have had sustained amount of years of top of the prem league tv money and champs league money to widen the gap then invent some rules to prevent other clubs getting anywhere near them.

From my understanding Matt Lawton has written that city are saying there is a narrative against gulf owned clubs, I presume he is saying that going of the tone of his article, but he has just been on bbc radio five explaining what city want and used city & Newcastle as an example, that may want to sponsor themselves for 2 billion quid compared to another club at say 70 million quid.
The thick twat is highlighting city's point with his analogy.
I guess this Lawton twat is the stooge who was briefed to leak this once the dipper Standard Chartered scandal broke.

Sam Wallace in the Telegraph with a lengthy article detailing how the club is attempting to destroy the PL by being allowed unlimited spending. Possibly supported by Newcastle (surprise surprise) but no other club.
The stupid twat hasn't grasped that it would be unlimited spending for all PL Clubs, it will encourage investment and keep the dream alive for other clubs who may get taken over, cant the silly **** see that it benefits all clubs including his beloved united?

One of the daftest conclusions so far on this thread, well done.
In fairness it was mentioned that this action from City had caused the Premier League to split legal resources to deal with this when they should be focused on the job in hand ie. doing over City. The Premier League bunker will be a hive of activity today.

Let’s sue the bastards every week!

Could this be part of a 3D chess move to drain the PL of money, fighting this case, so that they have less resources to use towards the 115 court case?
No.

As pointed out by Stefan iirc, the PL could divert all their income to their expenditure (legal etc), before dolling out any prize money to its members.

I was unfortunate enough to be in a car with Talk Sport on in the background for a few minutes this morning. First of all a snippet from that completely unbiased “journalist” Jamie Jackson “I m not sure why City are doing this, they need to come out and explain themselves” next Henry Winter “City want a free for all with no controls”.

I think City have had enough of this bullshit and are going for broke, the EPL who I think Stefan said ages ago just aren’t geared up to be constantly fighting legal battles, well welcome to the new normal, you want to fuck us about, let’s dance.
old-people-dancing.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.