City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Plus, there's no way a football club could borrow at 5%, because they just don't offer a sufficiently secure investment.

Take the CFG as an example. This is arguably the most secure investment in the game. It is headed up by one of the world's leading clubs, has diverse global investments, is profitable at MCFC level and is ultimately owned by a multi-billionaire. Plus, the CFG money is used to invest in infrastructure, rather than make punts on footballing potential.

However, its borrowings bear an interest rate of LIBOR plus 3-3.5%. That's 8-8.5% overall.

I doubt an upper mid-table football club could borrow at less than 10%.

Which if we are going to look at it retrospectively, Arsenal were mid table.

Plain and simple.

Here’s why the 3 Red Cartel Clubs wanted to stop and destroy City, with the help of UEFA, let’s not forget, and Masters and the PL, as well as other European cartel clubs, and other PL clubs, Spurs, etc. Only the Saudis and Newcastle (and PSG) could have competed with City financially.

They wouldn’t be able to compete if owner (and family) investment was allowed.

Sheikh Mansour.

individual net worth of at least £17 billion and a family fortune of about $1 trillion.

I watched Martin Samuel piece and he said directors loans were what brought Pompey down, the directors hit hard times and requested the money back.

I am sure the PL must have forgotten how toxic loans could be.
That's exactly right, re Portsmouth. As to the rate on loans, if a football club is effectivey bankrupt, but for having had loans, it has little in the way of creditworthiness. So, to say that the rate on a £200M loan might be 5% p.a. is pure guesswork. The funder - a bank or whatever institution - would charge a high rate of return, or would never give the loan, because of the risk of a default.
A club might think it has £300/400M of players and a ground to sell, but if it comes to a fire-sale, that valuation comes tumbling down. So, if you are guessing the likely rate of return on a big loan to a borderline-bankrupt club, I submit you have to pitch in a figure much higher than the present bank base rate of 5%.
"Mates rates" can't be applied. In the Premier League, most of the teams appear stable enough, but they still wouldn't get a cheap rate of loan - and 5% is the base rate. How stable would they appear but for the interest free shareholder loans?

Plain and simple.

Here’s why the 3 Red Cartel Clubs wanted to stop and destroy City, with the help of UEFA, let’s not forget, and Masters and the PL, as well as other European cartel clubs, and other PL clubs, Spurs, etc. Only the Saudis and Newcastle (and PSG) could have competed with City financially.

They wouldn’t be able to compete if owner (and family) investment was allowed.

Sheikh Mansour.

individual net worth of at least £17 billion and a family fortune of about $1 trillion.
Partially true but after a considerable initial investment , will our club and later in time the CFG be 100% self funding?

Do you think the likes of scruffy Jim and J.W.Henry are spending their own cash? Because I am certain they are not.

Last edited:
Partially true but after a considerable initial investment , will our club and later in time the CFG be 100% self funding.

Do you think the likes of scruffy Jim and J.W.Henry are spending their own cash? Because I am certain they are not.
This is always what i think is funny when it comes to people talking about owner investment etc and how much they are worth, these people dont become billionaires and continually increase their net worth by just pissing money away, most outlay is viewed in terms of investment and what they are likely to receive back on it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.