City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Looking at the current "115" hearing, as it has now come to the attention of the P.L. via the first tribunal decision, that City didn't have a flat pitch to play on, due to the unlawfulness of the P.L.'s own rules, I don't see how the present tribunal can ignore submissions by City trying to refer to that decision. Last week it was reported that City's attempts to reference the recent decision were being ignored by the current panel.
If the current panel are standing on ceremony and saying that City can't amend ANY argument they hadn't previously given notice of prior to the hearing, that's a very dangerous course for this panel to follow, bearing in mind the "unlawfulness" which has already been found within the rules.
That to me is contrary to natural justice, and a recipe for further litigation, especially when taking account of the strength of that 1st tribunal panel, who came down very strongly in City's favour - irrespective of the subsequent misleading narrative of the P.L. and the media generally.
Of course, the P.L. lawyers could accept and recognise that finding of unlawfulness if they wished - and allow City to use that finding - if they were reasonable, but they can't (yet!) risk all the 115 charges falling apart and being thrown out, I guess, so the argument will continue.... for a while - but I wonder if it's going to dawn on the P.L. soon that they need to close this all off very quickly now; settle with City; then redefine ALL the relevant rules?
What a can of worms we've opened.
We don’t want any settlements. We want a complete end to everything. Big, big difference. Why can some people not see this?

Last edited:
Who would have thought that this snotty little kid kicking the ball around the local rec, back in the 70's would now need to understand, finance, law, var etc to understand football in 2024
Or the kid who joyously found a twat mag in the hedge?

Poor bastard now needs to understand there are 1001 genders and orifices … not to mention sexual practices ranging from felching to asphyxiation.

Last edited:
I hope that there'll be declaratory relief in the form of anm order that the PL isn't to try to operate some form of the APT rules while the clubs decide how they should be amended in the light of them currently being unlawful. They have the absolute bloody-minded arrogance to try and, of course, I may be missing something that the Panel might regard as important.

However, I simply don't see how these rules could work in any meaningful way when there's a fucking great big shareholder-loan-shaped hole in them at present*. I therefore assume City will fight any such move by the PL with appropriate force.

* - Apologies to fellow users of the board for my recourse here to the sesquipedalian intricacies of the technical lega argot.
Ha, had to AI the meaning, you may carry on :)

Newcastle are keeping quite because they are hoping that after the nuclear winter that's approaching the prem, they can step in with big money and control football in the UK and not look like the bad guys .
I don’t doubt Newcastle will be hoping they spend

I think we had prepared for this from the minute we abstained.

I hope that there'll be declaratory relief in the form of anm order that the PL isn't to try to operate some form of the APT rules while the clubs decide how they should be amended in the light of them currently being unlawful. They have the absolute bloody-minded arrogance to try and, of course, I may be missing something that the Panel might regard as important.

However, I simply don't see how these rules could work in any meaningful way when there's a fucking great big shareholder-loan-shaped hole in them at present*. I therefore assume City will fight any such move by the PL with appropriate force.

* - Apologies to fellow users of teh board for my recourse here to the sesquipedalian intricacies of the technical lega argot.

‘sesquipedalian’

WTF does that mean? :-/ (without Googling it)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.