City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

In Everton, Brighton, Arsenal and Liverpool's cases, the providers of funding ARE the shareholders.

I have a loan I took out to buy some expensive camera equipment. I'm paying the capital and a commercial rate of interest (although it's a very decent one) on that loan. The provider had to be sure I could finance that, so I had to give details of income and expenditure, which it accepted.

The thing about interest-free loans is that clubs are paying back neither the interest nor the capital. That allows them to spend that money on transfers and wages. If clubs were required to pay back shareholder loans over a maximum set period, or were required to disallow what they would have paid on repayment of capital and interest from their accounts, then that would be fairer.

Yes to all that. I wasn't thinking from a PSR viewpoint, or from an APT viewpoint.

I am asking how it can be legal for the PL to tell a company not subject to PL rules that it has to change the terms of a perfectly valid loan agreement because it can't finance a subsidiary with soft loans even if it is beneficial for it to do so, or has to change the terms of a perfectly valid sponsorship agreement because the PL considers it not at fmv.

Especially as the directors of those companies have no responsibility to the PL at all, but they do have a responsibility to their shareholders which I would imagine must take precedent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.