City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

There are 13 clubs in the premier league with shareholder loans. Everton £451m, Brighton £373m, Arsenal £259m, Chelsea, Liverpool, Leicester, Bournemouth, Wolves, Brentford, Crystal Palace, Nottingham Forest, Aston Villa and Fulham.

The APT rules were declared unlawful as they did not include shareholder loans, which we all now know was by design when drafting the rules.

If, going forward, APT are to be part of the Premier league rules then shareholder loans is the one and only ruling that MUST form part of the APT legislation otherwise they will once again be ruled unlawful.

To that end, how many of the aforementioned clubs will vote for APT to be part of the the Premier League rule book knowing that they will have to include interest payments on shareholder loans as part of their PSR calculations.

Associated Party Transactions as an entity is no longer an option for the Premier League given that 14 of the 20 members have to vote in favour and in my opinion the cartel clubs will have to come up with something a little more intelligent than the previous APT rules which have been shown to be targeted towards the Gulf owners.

I’m surprised the media were so quick to support the Premier League’s stance that City were successful in a couple of minor points and that the rules would be reinstated quickly with a couple of tweaks.

Actually after all the shit that the media have thrown at us over the past decade I am not surprised they are not willing to see what’s in front of their faces.

The likes of Panja, Delaney etc are going to struggle to resurrect their careers when the truth eventually comes out. Cunts!

nice work, this is my thinking about it as well. There's just no way any legal rules are getting voted in which means no APT rules at all.

Surely fans of other clubs can see this?

The tribal nature of football astounds me. HOWEVER, yesterday I rewound to 2006 & City going nowhere fast under Pearce, & if what was happening to City now was happening to the Rags then, how would I have reacted?

I'd know FFP, PSR & APT were bollocks, but because it was hampering ManUre, I probably wouldn't give a shit & be all for it.

A few of us rounded on the Geordie who posted over the weekend, but if we were one of the mid-table - relegation fodder also rans, would we be so understanding of a successful club under sustained UEFA & PL attack?

Many of us wouldn't be if we're being honest...
Football tribalism. Fans either don’t care as you said or are happy being lied to. We see it every day on the news. Football is no different to any other industry well maybe it is different in that we all love our clubs. So that emotional pull can lead to easy manipulation.

City have ruined people’s lives by winning. That type of grudge could last forever. Especially if they have been told by the media and their own clubs that we ruined their lives by cheating then you see the emotionally charged reaction.

Football tribalism. Fans either don’t care as you said or are happy being lied to. We see it every day on the news. Football is no different to any other industry well maybe it is different in that we all love our clubs. So that emotional pull can lead to easy manipulation.

City have ruined people’s lives by winning. That type of grudge could last forever. Especially if they have been told by the media and their own clubs that we ruined their lives by cheating then you see the emotionally charged reaction.
We tried to be respectful & gentlemanly about our ambitions, but it seems we're damned if we do & damned if we don't, so fuck the lot of em!

There not saying you have to alter the loans just alter how they are accounted for for PSR not even the normal accounts and I don’t see how it negatively affects the lender to get interest they would not have got they are not forcing anyone to take any loans

The current APT rules require contracts to be changed to fmv before they are accepted by the PL. It's not a simple correction for PSR purposes. That is the whole point of an ex-ante assessment. I'm amazed you don't know that after 18 months of reading this thread.

And there are perfectly good business reasons why a loan may be interest free or low interest, or not have fixed repayment dates, or not be repayable at all. Who are the PL to tell an owner's directors what sort of loan to make available? Or a sponsor's directors how much their sponsorship should be in their contract?

We tried to be respectful & gentlemanly about our ambitions, but it seems we're damned if we do & damned if we don't, so fuck the lot of em!
Pretty much. The club today is one of the best in the world. That’s a fact many don’t want to acknowledge.

The bottom teams don’t like us because we used to be one of them not so long ago. The mid tier clubs still see themselves as our equal and the top clubs see us as inferior.

The cheating angle is aiding their view reaffirmed by the football regulator and the media.

We are in a no win situation. All we can do is support our club and try to fight back against the negative onslaught. We owe it to the future generation.

I have no doubt that history will show a club battling for survival against an oppressed system with archaic rigged laws.

Last edited:
Nobody should need reminding but slagging City off makes money that’s all it is.

This will all be over next year and everyone moves on. It’s what always happens.

Try to calm down, wait for the win and trust your club.

Thou shalt not take my name in vain?
Hang on, is this the same dude who claimed City lost the tribunal by TKO? \0/

Talk about going with which way the wind is blowing! As stated, I refuse to click on any link where this self styled 'City Insider' is regaling his bullshit pearls of wisdom.

What a difference a few days make hey?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.