City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

unconfirmed but I understand there is an option to buy at a nominal price after 25 years???
The rental income is ring fenced for sport in Manchester so, a worthy purpose

I agree about the money being reinvested in sport in the city. That's great.

No, but you’ve gone from the general to the particular.
OK, but my objection has always been the simple premise that anybody without experience at running a top level club could have the wool pulled over their eyes by unscrupulous directors and/or owners. And that those with top level experience, which has to include dealing with UEFA as the regulator is for the top five divisions, are likely to be connected with teams having extensive European experience. Obviously this now includes City, but we've seen both UEFA and the PL have a go at our club egged on by the old G14 and other suspects.
In the end a regulator is just window dressing unless they can control the PL, the EFL and the National League. And they may have to exert some control over the FA, but that organisation also oversees football below the level at which the regulator will operate.

I do think it’s an issue actually, and the move from the ex post system where there were notional adjustments for accounting purposes to the ex ante system where you need prior approval from the PL before you can even enter into a contract with a third party seems to me to infringe fairly basic rights.

However the tribunal disagrees so that’s that.

Fucking lawyers. Couldn't you just have said that in the first place? \O/

Thanks. Maybe not so irrelevant for those with big loans and sailing close to the wind on permitted losses.
Everton will have no s/h loans - the existing ones are equity in all but name. Arsenal have lots of capacity as do Brighton. Which leaves some smaller levels of shareholder loan which can easily be converted to equity if need be.

No, but you’ve gone from the general ( a regulator with any football experience) to the particular, a rag ref. After all, it was an Arsenal member that chose our panel. Despite some objections here, the panel was decent.

The parties chose the arbitrators, didn't they?

Everton will have no s/h loans - the existing ones are equity in all but name. Arsenal have lots of capacity as do Brighton. Which leaves some smaller levels of shareholder loan which can easily be converted to equity if need be.
Thanks, Stefan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.