City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

:) We could extend this analogy all day, but I will accept that you don't think the PL requiring clubs and third parties to amend otherwise legal contracts is an issue and shut up.

I do think it’s an issue actually, and the move from the ex post system where there were notional adjustments for accounting purposes to the ex ante system where you need prior approval from the PL before you can even enter into a contract with a third party seems to me to infringe fairly basic rights.

However the tribunal disagrees so that’s that.

On the 250 year rental income, previous years have been less, and have been negotiated up, if that rental figure remained the same over the remainder of the 250 year rental income, that would be over £1bill the council gets off City. Maybe there will come a point in the future when the club decides it’s want to by the stadium for substantially less than £1bill it will have to pay out in rent to the council?
unconfirmed but I understand there is an option to buy at a nominal price after 25 years???
The rental income is ring fenced for sport in Manchester so, a worthy purpose

That’s a bit like saying a magistrate cannot try a motoring case if he’s a driver or a ref can’t be neutral if he played the game.
You have to draw the line somewhere on what constitutes bias. The courts or arbitration is the backstop.
You can bet your life that City will lobby the new regulator when the time comes.
No, it's more like saying a ref is less likely to be neutral if he supports or has played for one of the teams.
Would you want anyone connected to the rags eg. Gill or Neville overseeing the game?

No, it's more like saying a ref is less likely to be neutral if he supports or has played for one of the teams.
Would you want anyone connected to the rags eg. Gill or Neville overseeing the game?
No, but you’ve gone from the general ( a regulator with any football experience) to the particular, a rag ref. After all, it was an Arsenal member that chose our panel. Despite some objections here, the panel was decent.

Fair enough, we will see in the next couple of weeks, I suppose.

Just thought lawyers engaging with journalists about legal cases was punching down, which is something I'm not keen on.

Anyway, you can punch me on legal matters as much as you want, and frequently do :) but keep it up, I will always be grateful to you, @petrusha and @Chris in London for educating me about law and sports law over the last eighteen months much more than I had ever thought I would have needed. It has all certainly helped me shape positions on these cases that I am comfortable with.

And probably wrong about :)
Don’t leave out @gordondaviesmoustache, he will be upset.

I disagree. She mentions financial controls to keep the PL competitive, but where was her concern when ManUre & Chelsea spent over a decade divvying up PL titles between them?

If anything, she's inadvertently spilled the beans. Wasn't FFP & PSR meant to control rising debt in football to stop another Portsmouth from happening? Where is her concern over debt?

Nah, her concern is stopping other clubs from investing in their squads, so the Hammers don't get left behind & become relegation threatened. This is Brady wanting to drag everyone down to her level, rather than investing so WHU improve to a level where they can compete for the PL title & CL places. This is the dream for all fans of PL teams, not just annual PL survival.

Think about what she's actually saying. It's not fair if clubs like City have ambitions & put their owners money where their ambitions lie, run their clubs professionally & reap the rewards. How dare City leave WHU behind!

No wonder most Hammers fans can't stand her. Just imagine if she took over from Khaldoon & her plan for City going forward was Gollum as manager & PL survival every season? That's the level she wants everyone in the PL to be at so it's "fair".
You mean "Think about what she's actually saying" according to your interpretation?

Sam Wallace is an arsehole.
A fully paid up Rag full of self entitlement.
Originally the "Manchester" Football Correspondent of the Telegraph he bacame "Northern Correspondent - 'coz he only ever did stories in the rags.
The club need to ban this areshole/weasel from City games ASAP.
I really have had enough of the club rolling out the red carpet for journalists who continue to kick us in the face.
It is an incredible headline on that article. Totally false.

It seemingly doesn't matter if we are right or wrong regarding the tribunal. Everyone has a different take on the outcome. I will side with city’s general council due to them being on the inside and armed with far more information than is available to anyone viewing from the outside.

It does seem we are slightly winning the headlines battle so that’s a positive change compared to the full on negative onslaught.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.