City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

“City are only winning because they have a hugely expensively assembled squad.”

“City will only be cleared because they have the best legal team money can buy.”

I've taken to pointing and laughing when those sort of lines are used.
I love those lines. The first one because it describes what so many other clubs have done in the past, and the second because legal action was the off-pitch option available to the cartel and it failed thus boiling even more piss.
We've bought trophies; so what. That's been going on for almost a century in every league across the globe.

And I think this is the big problem the PL have. They have to create a set of rules that remain within the boundaries of the law, but also ones that they think enough clubs will vote for. In relation to City and the ruling, I think the PL may have to eat a large slice of humble pie.
City Forest Leicester Chelsea Newcastle Villa probably rowing the same way only want another one and they really have a problem.Could be Everton but not sure on new ownership.

City Forest Leicester Chelsea Newcastle Villa probably rowing the same way only want another one and they really have a problem.Could be Everton but not sure on new ownership.
This is what annoys more than anything; vested interest instead of the good of the game. Just like the last government were for some and not the good of the country.

Possibly. In relation to the ruling and the immediate aftermath of the ruling though, I think the PL were either incredibly naive or totally arrogant in thinking a tweak of the rules here or there would suffice. It will be very interesting what happens next.

“City are only winning because they have a hugely expensively assembled squad.”

“City will only be cleared because they have the best legal team money can buy.”
The premier league can spend as much as they want on legal fees because it’s the fucking clubs picking up the bill for it. The daft cunts

Here's my take on it (if you consider me honest of course):

Top work Peebs.

And I think this is the big problem the PL have. They have to create a set of rules that remain within the boundaries of the law, but also ones that they think enough clubs will vote for. In relation to City and the ruling, I think the PL may have to eat a large slice of humble pie.

If Masters is primarily driven to concoct rules that "enough" clubs will vote for, then the Premier League will fail, whether the rules be lawful or not.

Why?

Because a competent chairman would seek consensus before any vote was called, in fact the vote at the end of the process would hopefully be nothing more than a formality. Rules built around a consensus tend to work because all clubs have at least something invested in them, even if they may not be exactly what they wanted.

It's the job of a competent chairman to create such a consensus and ensure that the good of the league takes precedent over the desires of particular clubs, regardless of whether those clubs can cobble together a majority of 14 or not.

Rules, good, bad or indifferent, lawful or not, will not succeed if they clearly favour the majority at the expense of the minority, and the Premier League will completely collapse if these agenda driven rules repeatedly follow the same dividing lines time after time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.