City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

More material than a spelling error.

Yes re unlawfulness but causation and loss the big hurdle. I’m not convinced there is a meaningful loss.

I doubt anyone will challenge PSR on this basis before they change the rules partly because there is little gain from causing the PL complete chaos. Would be an act of self sabotage. Its notable City kept the challenge to relatively discreet points around matters they always said they felt were potentially unlawful.

Good points, well made.

I know a few fans who wouldn't mind causing chaos at the PL but I suppose the owners will play a longer game. Maybe it all strengthens the club's "bargaining position", though, when it comes the next steps.

I doubt anyone will challenge PSR on this basis before they change the rules partly because there is little gain from causing the PL complete chaos. Would be an act of self sabotage. Its notable City kept the challenge to relatively discreet points around matters they always said they felt were potentially unlawful.
The thing is that PSR could legitimately be challenged on the grounds that it simply doesn't do what it says on the tin. It has little to do with establishing sustainability.

The rules are unlawful. Cannot be enforced. The PL have two problems: drafting regulations which are consistent with the law (and City will keep a careful eye on this) and getting the votes to accept these new regs. Not easy, especially for a governing body which never really intended FFP to be fair, or PSR to have too much to do with sustainability.
Get the first part right and I dont see the second being a major issue.

Seems like an easy fix tbh, I mean the PL can absolutely fuck it up but it should be simple you would think

The thing is that PSR could legitimately be challenged on the grounds that it simply doesn't do what it says on the tin. It has little to do with establishing sustainability.
Suspect that argument would not now succeed. The Tribunal accepted all of Herbert’s evidence in respect of why PSR came in.

Suspect that argument would not now succeed. The Tribunal accepted all of Herbert’s evidence in respect of why PSR came in.
The tribunal members were all distinguished in the legal field, but not in finance. There is nothing in PSR that would prevent a situation similar to the ones faced by us in June 2008, when we couldn't meet a £15m transfer payment. or Portsmouth when Gaydamak wanted his loan back.

Given that Portsmouth were allegedly the catalyst for PSR, Herbert was talking nonsense and it was something else we failed to challenge.

Good points, well made.

I know a few fans who wouldn't mind causing chaos at the PL but I suppose the owners will play a longer game. Maybe it all strengthens the club's "bargaining position", though, when it comes the next steps.
City will play the long game and protect their commercial interests.

However, restoring their reputation and integrity will be non negotiable, even at the reputation or career of any of our detractors.

Khaldoon said -:

"Once and for all"....and that will cover every element of the club and the charges.

Not usually one to correct spelling especially as mine is shite but nothing is spelt "nothing" as opposed to little ;)

Now if Ronseal did tins with sustainability rules on them then there's no way debt is brushed under the carpet whether internal shareholder or external a la 10 more years+ Glazer style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.