City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The media are clearly mandated to mention the 115 breaches by the PL, in order to keep Masters at the steps of the gallows for now, but in readiness for when his major task fails.

Now the weakling sheep should be complaining about that area of wasteful spending, on their behalf of course.
Reminds me that when Wardle was chairman, Alistair Mackintosh was CEO and Paul Tyrrell was the Communications head. An insider told me that Tyrrell's job was to big-up Mackintosh.

As a result, every article you saw where Mackintosh was mentioned or quoted used the phrase "City's highly-regarded chief executive...". It seems the PL and cartel's media teams have issued a similar instruction to its client journalists that every mention of Manchester City must include "115 charges" somewhere.

Funny if true.

I suspect this would be over 10 years and would cover the Stadium naming rights and shirt sponsorship.
If that's the case, then it's not as huge as we think.
United got £75m per year for the Chevrolet deal many years ago just for the shirt sponsorship alone.

The entire article is framed in a manner hostile to City.

It reads like it was drafted by Masters himself.

It is client journalism in sport at its worst.
I skimmed it and got tone and aim of it within 2 secs. No wonder other teams' supporters don't know what the hell is going on with the APT and the charges, there is no true journalism there (i.e. research, facts etc..) its basically a hatchet job

My neck of the woods

Never heard of a pub called the Vine

Within a few minutes walk of the brewery you have the Gardeners Arms, Radclyffe Arms and the Minders Arms. There was the Railway and Linnet and the Firwood Tavern that are now shut

My Mum used to work behind the bar in the Junction ( the original one) and the Firwood back in the 70s, had a few good sessions in all the above plus the Vic.

What I don’t understand is how could you possibly judge the fairness of our new sponsorships.

No team has ever sustained this kind of success in the premier league before (6/7 titles). It’s unprecedented what we are doing right now, so there is nothing to compare it too.

Also The Premier League is watched by an unprecedented number of people around the world and the numbers are continually growing.

You can’t just compare the numbers against old sponsorship deals because nobody has ever been in this situation before.

That is bad enough but what is really sinister is that the club was denied access to the data on which the PL knocked back our deals. The lack of transparency, itself, shows that they were hiding something.

A despicable biased and dishonest article. The phrase: “City’s lawyers convinced a panel….” sums it up. The ruling that the PL acted unlawfully was made by three independent former High Court Judges who considered evidence for five weeks. This makes SKY look stupid.
Could just have easily turned it the other way round and said "the PL lawyers failed to convince the panel that the rules were lawful"...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.