City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

And then in the case of Chelsea say no that very good deal you have agreed with Paramount can’t be allowed because “it might upset Sky”

Masters: “Never mind Chelsea go find some other company who will put in £50 million.”
Bohley “ Twatface, you can’t just conjure up this multi million pound deals and we are going to be challenged to meet that out dated £105 million target”
Masters “ Aren’t you able to go to one of the companies you deal with and get them to cough up, oh I don’t know , how about £40 ?
Bohley “ But you Arse is that allowed ?
Small corrections in line with Bohley’s actual opinion of Mastertwat.

Would the Etihad deal be under threat here? Is it related or associated? I suppose associated as SM doesn't own Etihad, although the media and red tops would have us think he does.
So Arsewipes can be bankrolled by Emirates but City not sponsored by their neighbouring competitor?
Stinks to high hell

Don't know but why are city sueing must be one of our main sponsors has been knocked back

You have to hope that the club wins the associated parties part of the action as a minimum as if we lose then we have just brought a huge shit storm on ourselves.

High stakes involved here as there was no way this was ever going to be all under wraps. If it wasn't the Arsenal director giving her husband the scoop some other club would have leaked it.

Apart from Lawton not one of these media parasites has even seen what City have said to support their case against the PL.They are literally in a frenzy of hate. What is driving this behaviour. It really does look like sectarian hatred of our owner. The mainstream media has absolutely no sense of impartiality. It is a sort of pack mentality. It says a lot about the state of this country.
I actually think the media coverage of our case against the PL has been even worse than the coverage of the PL's case against us. It's been nothing short of a fucking disgrace and they're all going to look like right cunts if City win and it turns out that the PL's APT rules are unlawful.

It's also a problem for the PL with its FMV processes. If the PL can't keep a confidential legal process quiet, why should anyone trust them with confidential commercial information?
That's a very good point. The highly unusual process of a potential sponsor having to divulge proposals to the PL is undermined completely by what Arsenal have done to leak confidential information.

It's hard to conclude anything other than that the PL members are sabotaging their own product. They are killing the goose. For 32 years, the commercial appeal of the PL has been on the upward trajectory. Not only does it look like reaching a plateau, but it actually could be in the early stages of decline.

Football is a business and as an owner when your denied the chance to invest in that business do you think that's good?

If you wanted to become the biggest burger restaurant chain in the world, do you think that it's right for McDonalds to stop you investing in your business?

If we win this case, why would our owners want to spend ridiculous amounts and give unrealistic amounts from their partner companies in terms of sponsorship?

That won't happen, but any club has a right to invest what they see fit.

If Stockport County get a billionaire investor and they want to make that club the strongest in the world, what right has anyone to say no?

Competition is king, without that the game is finished.
Would a 70,000 stadium fit in at Edgeley?

It's also a problem for the PL with its FMV processes. If the PL can't keep a confidential legal process quiet, why should anyone trust them with confidential commercial information?
Stuff leaked out about Everton and Forest before it was announced. Some club Directors are snakes. You can’t trust them. That’s why we must have an independent regulator.

Going on holiday next week, already decided I'm telling people I'm not into football if coversation turns to who do you support. Even told the Mrs and two grown up kids not butt in if they hear me say it and blab who I support. Really cant arsed with the vitriol, bantz, snide digs, bingo card shite that will likely follow.

View attachment 121440
View attachment 121441

They look at all threshold transactions to determine if any are i) "associated or ii) not at fmv. If any are "associated" they have more rules to follow, if they are not fmv, they follow the fmv review rules.

But yes, City are probably just claiming the associated party transaction rules are onerous, discriminatory and unnecessary. I seem to remember a quote from an unnamed City source (in the Athletic, was it?) saying that is the only claim.
I’m not reading it the same as you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.