City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Yeah it's mental, I don't often browse them anymore but looked on Reddit and it's chaos, calls for the club to be liquidated, brand new club established, get the owners to sell etc.

I always find it funny how corrupt the PL is to people until it's City arguing with them
Yep. A practically EVERY ‘journalist’ comments on how the PL must have an independent regulator (wonder which team supported that) and how it is a shitshow of amateurism most weeks of the year. Gets into a disagreement with City and it’s suddenly a bastion of probity. Hypocritical doesn’t even begin to describe it.

It's seriously mental that they're spinning it like that. In any case, weren't City - along with United interestingly enough - one of the clubs who were in favour of the EFL deal but other clubs blocked it?
Yes, but dont let facts get in the way of their agenda

As much as everyone is saying the voting system is fine, if you're one of the clubs that is consistently shat on by votes being put forward that you disagree on, it could become very unfair and tiresome real quick. Especially if the others are colluding on both the topics to be voted on and the way they will collectively vote. Shit, if there are chief whips in the Commons, God only knows the pressure that is put on voters to comply in the shady corridors of the Premier League .

I was previously of the opinion this latest legal challenge had absolutely no link to the 115 case.

However, the highlighted part of your post could probably used as mitigation against the non-cooperation charges. You could not wish to have a better example of how the Premier League is unable to uphold confidentiality rules during a legal process.

This presents an obvious risk to any club if there is a high likelihood confidential data/information it shares with the PL is at risk of being leaked / used for nefarious purposes.

It's also a problem for the PL with its FMV processes. If the PL can't keep a confidential legal process quiet, why should anyone trust them with confidential commercial information?

What makes me really laugh is the media saying we're ruining the Premier League?

Excuse me?

These same twats in the press having a pile on with the 115, having us guilty before any trial or hearing, printing absolute bollocks and relegation and points deducted, whipping rival fans up into a frenzy.

Not ONE journalist has said we might be innocent, every single one of them has us guilty as charged and NOW there are accusing us of ruining the league.

The cheeky fuckin bastards, the lot of them need to banned from the Etihad next season, every single one of the shithouse's.
Apart from Lawton not one of these media parasites has even seen what City have said to support their case against the PL.They are literally in a frenzy of hate. What is driving this behaviour. It really does look like sectarian hatred of our owner. The mainstream media has absolutely no sense of impartiality. It is a sort of pack mentality. It says a lot about the state of this country.

Apart from Lawton not one of these media parasites has even seen what City have said to support their case against the PL.They are literally in a frenzy of hate. What is driving this behaviour. It really does look like sectarian hatred of our owner. The mainstream media has absolutely no sense of impartiality. It is a sort of pack mentality. It says a lot about the state of this country.
remember when they blocked the takeover off the telegraph because they thought there was a threat that the news would become impartial, hahahaaha

I thought he was very balanced and presented his points excellently. Also good thoughtful and respectful input from Murphy.

I do wish he had made the point that the ‘anchoring’ proposal in conjunction with the ‘operating costs as a % of overall turnover’ would prevent trillionaire owners from ridiculous levels of investment.
And also on the matter of running costs- the decision to undertake the assessment on sponsorship deals (with the need for someone to assess the sponsorship business case) and (I think) the clubs requirement to provide details of competitive bids from others who failed to get the gig is a big costly exercise.

If this comes in for the 2025/26 season it would mean it doesn't matter if we did have a billions a year sponsor! Most clubs probably won't be able to spend more than say 250m a year on players!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.