City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Not sure how this is really linked to the substance of the charges? A wider powerplay for sure but how will it affect the proceedings before the tribunal?

It won't. Nothing to do with the charges.

Despite that journalist linking the two.

Right - but those rules came in 3 years ago (Nov 2021) and we did nothing until the 2 parties are in a huge, other, legal battle. I think people arguing the 2 are unrelated are being very naive.

I think it is convienient that we are raising this at a time when the breaches are ongoing.

However, what may have happened is that we have signed commercial deals or at least had them in place and they have been stopped or challanged by the PL. If this is the case then given we did not agree with the rules being introduced we are quite right to raise this as an issue.

Millions are being spent on legal fees to fight this case. One senior club source says the Premier League’s legal bill has more than quadrupled in the past year, from about £5million to north of £20million. They also point to the fact that since February the Premier League’s own legal department has been forced to shift its focus to this claim when it is also trying to prepare for the hearing into City’s 115 charges. “This is clearly a tactic,” the source said.
The late, great Shane Warne would be proud about the anount of spin from that source!

Tend to agree with some that this isn't promising; if we were confident of a positive outcome from the charges then I don't see why we'd have launched this lawsuit. Want it resolved one way or another as, being brutally honest, I can't be arsed with it all anymore. Sapping my love of football, and I'm glad I'm no longer as emotionally attached to it as I was in my early twenties. Whole thing is an attempt at reputational damage and I'd cry if it wasn't so risibly transparent.

Whatever the outcome, victory or demotion to Sunday league, I'll always have blue blood. But thank fuck I now have plenty of distractions in my life worthier than football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.