City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

This is clearly a calculated and very serious move by City. Suggests to me that they have come to the end of their tether with the cartel’s antics to try and stop them.

Also, whilst it is not directly linked to the 115 charges, I hope it another sign of their confidence that they are going to prevail on that front but you could choose to read it either way; not much point suing the EPL if you don’t think you will still be in it!?

I found the comment below quite interesting.

What if this guy is a senior club executive of one of the clubs who were given the opportunity to Vet the appointment of Masters.

They accuse rival clubs of “discrimination against Gulf ownership”, citing the comments of one particular senior club executive.

I would imagine that the club would have to provide evidence of this, and if we have it then it could be quite damaging.

In their claim, City are seeking “damages for the losses which it has incurred as a result of the unlawfulness of the FMV [fair market value] rules”, in particular for costs resulting from delays, sums they claim were not paid under agreed deals and additional costs, including the club’s inability to generate revenue from delayed or cancelled projects. This, clubs believe, could potentially amount to tens of millions.
Interesting comments regarding discrimination.
City also claim the FMV rules are intended to be discriminatory towards clubs with ties to the Gulf region.
They say rivals were seeking to limit deals from companies in the Gulf region, citing a quote from a senior executive from another club.
They claim the rules were “deliberately intended to stifle commercial freedoms of particular clubs in particular circumstances, and thus to restrict economic competition”.

from twitter....

Just a reminder that when #NUFC sold Saint-Maximin to Saudi for £25m, the deal had to be ratified by the Premier League to ensure it met fair market value
1f480.svg

tx7jBgnL_mini.jpg

Transfer News Live
@DeadlineDayLive
·
3 Jun
1f6a8.svg
Al Nassr are ready to offer around €90-100m to sign Casemiro this summer.
1f1f8-1f1e6.svg
He is a priority target for the Saudi club and is said to be keen on the move. (Source: @caughtoffside)

Show more

Would be a good thing if the mods topk the last however many pages of the 115 thread here, to keep it in the one place and relevant to this.

Edit. And combine the 3rd thread on this too.

I reckon this is more of a case of us flexing our muscle on an issue we’re probably not arsed that much about.
Kind of saying right we’re not going to stay quiet and let you walk all over us.
It’s obvious that legally the premier league must be on a sticky wicket constantly trying to change the rules to stop certain teams either after the event or mid season.

I just had a nice message from someone at the club saying it would be very apt for our fans to sing

"Every little thing is gonna be alright"

at the game tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening blues!

Nice to repost this as it coincides with the date City launched the legal action against the PL.

Gives you an idea of the mood around the club at the time.

It’s worth mentioning that I heard from someone who works at United that they were very convinced City were in the clear around the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.