City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The state-owned taunt is a racist trope. It basically suggests that Sheikh Mansour can't have his own personal wealth and invest his own money how he likes. It is essentially saying of Arabs: "They are all the same." The ownership structure of City is clear and proven but some people choose to ignore it. Do these critics believe that all the investments Sheikh Mansour has made in property, finance, tech, renewable energy, means that these UK sectors are all "owned by Abu Dhabi." It is a dehumanising and racist narrative which needs calling out.
I don’t think so , I just think state owned fits the narrative better than an individual member of the Abu Dhabi royal family. Although if prince William owned Villa I doubt they would constantly make the same mistake

don’t even get me started on Alex Scott and Lineker’s faux protests, made me want to puke.
Alex Scott showing off her defiance by proudly wearing a rainbow armband at half-time, smashing it on her socials, harvesting likes, her armband was never to be seen/worn again during the rest of the tournament.

Lineker and BBC showing a human rights documentary in place of the opening ceremony broadcast of the Qatar World Cup which was being totally ignored, lets see if they do this for the forthcoming Yanks WC with a documentary on Black Lives Matter.

Last edited:
this is what I have been thinking , the question everyone should be asking not why/did City cheat but much more why are PL , UEFA with there member clubs trying to take City down. That is the main story.
It is a bit like the Post Office scandal where the managers believed the postmasters were thieves (with no reliable evidence) and every action they took was to support their mistaken belief. In the end the management culture was so corrupted that punishing the postmasters become the only goal. No one at the PL or in the media will even question the established narrative about City.
It was proven without doubt in court that senior police officers (Chief Constable level) and senior lawyers literally ordered dozens of police officers to fabricate evidence in their notebooks about Liverpool fans and then covered this criminal action up for decades. Yet there are still some people (even on this forum) who try to blame LFC fans for the Hillsborough disaster. These toxic narratives are impossible to disarm.

You’ll know when City pay double Bruno Guimaraes’ release clause and sell Kalvin to the Geordies for a tenner just for shits and giggles!
A straight swap would suit me and then the City group become the Geordie’s shirt sponsor on a massively inflated deal

The state-owned taunt is a racist trope. It basically suggests that Sheikh Mansour can't have his own personal wealth and invest his own money how he likes. It is essentially saying of Arabs: "They are all the same." The ownership structure of City is clear and proven but some people choose to ignore it. Do these critics believe that all the investments Sheikh Mansour has made in property, finance, tech, renewable energy, means that these UK sectors are all "owned by Abu Dhabi." It is a dehumanising and racist narrative which needs calling o
I cant recall hearing the queens horses at Ascot being described as 'state owned'

I've no doubt that there are current prospective US based owners out there with dollar signs in their eyes at the thought of a Premier League 'franchise' system.
Don't you think the recent rush of US investment and club purchases is about copying the American Sports model ?
Hopefully, fans will vote with their feet, against this, as with the European Super League.
With football being the only world sport, the power is not currently based in the US.
So this should not happen, but money talks and Infantini (the FIFA top wallah) may then relocate to Miami ?

Listened to Takshite just now and Townsend and Stelling are saying City have gone about this the wrong way. We should have sat our fellow club owners around the table and talked through our big concerns about the APT rules. What planet are they on lol
Slow to this, sorry!
But that’s a pretty big departure from their usual vitriol!
A change in the wind?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.