City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

The mention of hedge funds etc just made me think - if some American owners are basically funded by hedge funds, then surely the PL should need to know what those hedge funds are investing in?

I know very little about this, so if it's basically nonsense I apologise.

But if a hedge fund invested into a company such as... Team Viewer, for example. And then that company goes on to sponsor a club, surely that would break some kind of rule?

Is this possible? And are there checks?

People who invest into a hedge fund I think have anonymity so if that the case we don't know what's going on with them! Think it's one of the reasons hedge funds purchases of sporting clubs are not allowed in America..

People who invest into a hedge fund I think have anonymity so if that the case we don't know what's going on with them! Think it's one of the reasons hedge funds purchases of sporting clubs are not allowed in America..

Does that mean that there's no way of telling what's a related party transaction for clubs owned by hedge funds?

Could just say very wealthy owners.
It's like when people mention the ethnicity or sexuailty of a person without any need to.
It's probably subliminal and unintentional, but discriminatory nonetheless.
There is clearly a huge difference between 'oil money' and any other sort of money......

Could just say very wealthy owners.
It's like when people mention the ethnicity or sexuailty of a person without any need to.
It's probably subliminal and unintentional, but discriminatory nonetheless.

I understand that point, but I don't think this is the same, because my argument is that it's relevant. It's not just very wealthy owners, it's owners with the resources of a nation state (which our owners indirectly have, even if we're not state owned).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.