City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Absolutely 100%.

Ratboy's mask has slipped far too often and you only need to look at his behaviour as a Rag player to see what an absolute twat he was then, he's no different now except that he's also a self serving twat with an agenda.

Spitty has showed what a vile excuse for a human being he is by spitting on a teenager from his car window and the fact that Sly waited for the fuss to die down before bringing him back instead of sacking him on the spot shows what an equally vile and immortal shitstain of an organisation they are.
Neville is an opportunist. Everything he says and does is calculated and designed to boost his private business interests.

Last edited:
I understand that point, but I don't think this is the same, because my argument is that it's relevant. It's not just very wealthy owners, it's owners with the resources of a nation state (which our owners indirectly have, even if we're not state owned).
Are other exceptionally wealthy people referred to by the source of their income in the way we are? Not so much. It's stated with a soupçon of discriminatory vitriol.
Oh, and it's wrong.

Last edited:
Our owner (and I know some will argue that Sheikh Mansour is not our owner), is in a totally different league to Todd Boehly, in terms of personal wealth, access to finance, and influence.

Khaldoon and Mansour are the CEO and chair of Mubadala, which on its own is three times the size of Silverlake. It's not realistic to suggest that they have no influence over other companies that are linked to the UAE state. It's not a trap, it's common sense, and our board wouldn't get very far if they tried to pretend the Sheikh is just some rich bloke, who may or may not know a few other rich blokes in the UAE.
Your point is irrelevant in legal terms. What may or may not be is just the same as a rumour from a mate of a second cousin who knew the gardener etc etc

Our owner (and I know some will argue that Sheikh Mansour is not our owner), is in a totally different league to Todd Boehly, in terms of personal wealth, access to finance, and influence.

Khaldoon and Mansour are the CEO and chair of Mubadala, which on its own is three times the size of Silverlake. It's not realistic to suggest that they have no influence over other companies that are linked to the UAE state. It's not a trap, it's common sense, and our board wouldn't get very far if they tried to pretend the Sheikh is just some rich bloke, who may or may not know a few other rich blokes in the UAE.
I thought it was just Khaldoon on Mubadala board my mistake my point was that you can have millions of connections but what matters is being on the board or owning a company. Since we are not owned by the UAE government or one of its State companies. We have less power than people think. The sheik won’t get any favors for knowing presidents and prime ministers but Todd can get favors through his equity people. Knowing people only gets you so far you have to be able to give them something legitimately or off the books.

Also as I said before if the Sheik knows 10 banks that would sponsor city just to do him a favor it has to be done sensibly or it would get caught plus they will conflict with each other so he might only be able to get 5 to do it one for each region of the world say.

If it was as easy as people make out we would have a lot more UAE sponsorship.

Your argument and that of rivals also brings into question other deals seemingly not in question I have seen rags literally argue all our sponsors are really suppliers or that Nissan and Nexen etc are just sponsoring us to next special tax rates for plants in the UAE

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.