City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

A fucking brilliant piece by Martin Samuel yet again. One that cuts through all the waffling shite coming from the premier league and the media to try and paint a rosier picture than what the facts actually say. Obviously I can't print it all here but this small section is damning.

"Unlawful, unlawful, unlawful, unfair, unfair, unreasonable, unreasonable. The seven conclusions of the arbitration panel governing Manchester City’s case against the Premier League make for sobering reading."

The first three , "Unlawful, unlawful, unlawful " should, in my opinion, mean our separate 115 case immediately collapses. We are dealing with a biased criminal cartel.
It was an excellent article and easy enough for a non legal person (me) to understand. Not sure all the ' journalists ' and Sly/BBc and Talkshite presenters will though...

Let’s face it we won’t win any friends about this, except maybe those who will benefit (but they won’t thank us either). But the case against the PL has shown they have acted illegally and that must damage any residual reputation they had left, but the American lawyers will be rubbing their hands now, trying to destroy all clubs with links to the Middle East.

Fuck them! We had no friends before this.

From an Arsenal perspective this isn't great for us. The main ruling I see from this that impacts us is the fact that club owners can't give the club loans without having fair market value interest charged.

At present the Kroenkes loan the club £250m and as football is a risky business I'd say fair market value interest rates are around 8% so that's an extra £20m that needs to be factored into FFP moving forward.
I think as a fan you should have been worried that the league we all play in have been proven, in a court of law to be acting illegally. That side of it doesn't bother you though as it wasn't you they was trying to discriminate against.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.