City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Big Statement

The Premier League blocked a major sponsorship deal that Manchester City had lined up WOW This is now deemed unlawful and wrong,

Manchester City are going to have them over a barrel are in the barrel and just about to go over Niagra Falls…!
They are inside the barrel and last seen heading over Niagra Falls..!

No doubt our statement was written by a legal expert
No count the BBC copied the PL statement probably by some rag clown in the newsroom with their figures in their ears screaming
I fancy Dan Roan had some input. Anyone seen this model of fairness and propriety standing on Ashton New Road, microphone in hand, belabouring the PL for their unlawful rule book?

Reading the BBC summary of it you'd think we lost.

The BBC doesn't have employees with the skillset to unravel this. The PL claim they won so they're running that. Lots are quoting that both sides claim wins.

Ultimately the fact the PL has to amend the rules mean it lost. It's quite simple. And if anyone bothers to read into it they'll see it is quite a significant win for City.

The big revelation in all of this is that Everton, Brighton and Arsenal are massively leveraged by interest-free loans. This had not been in the conversation prior to now. Clearly the principle of fair market value will remain in place, so the imposition of a commercial loan rate charged to the P&L account of these teams is inevitable. This is seismic, make no mistake about it. But the fact it was allowed to happen in the first place speaks hugely to City's suggestion of a tyrannical majority.

Matt Lawton: "Crucially, the panel deemed the rules to be unlawful, and in breach of competition law “by object”, a serious and damning infringement akin to price-fixing by cartel members."

Oof!

I alluded to your points in the last paragraph earlier. It's as good as proved a stitch up by the premier league against us. Surely no court, civil or legal would entertain anything else they have charged us with? They have proved to be corrupt.

I know it has been posted in the thread, but I just wanted to give it another direct link to the article (rather than the archive link) so that clicks and engagement could be driven to Samuel’s excellent content for those with access.

These outlets only really care about what content drives the most ad revenue and so we should be very selective about which links we share. But I think, even if it gives The Times some revenue they could use to beat City with later, this is content that should be supported and amplified by blues.

Seismic verdict for football that leaves financial rules in tatters

The Premier League overplayed its hand and now the whole concept of PSR is in the bin. Man City’s legal victory could have huge consequences for some clubs

That is fucking brilliant. So good I subscribed.

If Spurs did that explains why the PL lost then. Spurs can't win anything.
When did you last win the league? You struggle to win a match without cheating, never mind a league. If City ever got to the stage where we regularly got keepers to sit down when under pressure, or players sitting down with false injuries I’d be ashamed. Pathetic and disgusting. You laud yourselves as a history club - you are a sick sat-down parody of that. Tarquin snakes

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.