City launch legal action against the Premier League | City win APT case (pg901)

Official now

Great news & well done City.
You can almost hear the cartel clubs owners sphincters loosening in panic at the realisation of losing one of their main ways to try to stop City’s dominance, or other clubs from a chance of breaking into/breaking up the cartel.

This is easily my favourite—and, in my opinion, the most incisive—quote from Martin Samuel’s excellent piece in The Times about our victory over the PL, and it doesn’t even mention us, which alludes to how shortsighted and moronic the APT (and PSR and FFP) rules are in both conception and practice. And the subtle jab at Liverpool is scrumptious.

It’s a mess. Complex, perhaps incalculable. It always was. If Saudi Arabia are trying to get on the map with the Neom City project — estimated cost $1.5trillion — what is it worth to them to bring it to the world on the front of a football shirt or in a stadium naming-rights deal? And how can that investment be measured against Newcastle’s previous sponsors such as Fun88, Wonga or McEwan’s Lager? “This means more” used to be an advertising slogan around Anfield — but sponsorship does, to some companies. And fair market value was always a dubious, debatable concept, for that reason.

picard-giddy.gif

Says the man with dildo stuck in this mouth

I think it’s obvious the club tipped off some of the media when the ruling was released in Sept. The prem wanted time to get their ducks in a row, and we didn’t just sit and wait. No way Samuels, and others in media have drafted that article so quickly following the official publication.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.