City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

What Feb 24 amendment? We're challenging the 2021 rules.
No, the articles all seem fairly consistent. There was a change this year with the 'associated party' bit being the changed thing. That's what is being challenged. And was done within weeks of it being voted on. It hasn't been implemented yet, it is supposed to come in from next seaon, and that's what the club are trying to stop. If they win, nothing changes. If they lose, a proposed change voted through will go ahead.

I am fairly confident in saying that btw.

Can't be. The timing simply doesn't allow for it.

The loss reportedly is a separate case, dependant on the outcome of the first, and claimed on the basis of delays to deals due to uncertainty around the rules, which can cover tany period from the initial challenge to the ultimate conclusion of the case. As I understand it.

A separate case? I had just assumed a tribunal in two parts: principle then damages. You may be right :)

Does anyone else think this fucking sucks.

I just want to watch a bunch of guys kick a ball about, comment or read on their tactics and ability. Maybe see what new players come in, what the new kit looks like here and there, or what the stadium might become.

Instead, I need to read all this pish, about processes and tribunal X and so on and so on. Ffs football.
I agree. I’m getting fed up of reading about it now. I think it’s doing a lot of damage to the league and the club.

Needs sorting out now, otherwise it’s going to drag on for years.

Not really. The challenge is not to the 2021 rules, it is to the February '24 amendment. It hasn't been building up for a while, it isn't retrospective. It happened at the time, and seems to be specific to that alone.

Sorry, I'm struggling to see how they relate to the February 2024 amendment? All the reports link it to the FMV and related person rules introduced after Newcastle's takeover in 2021. We abstained from voting on the temporary ban on sponsorship and then subsequent introduction of those rules citing that they were unlawful - so clearly had sought legal advice at that point. Subsequently we will have been building our case based on those rules and with further changes that have been proposed and/or introduced subsequently have finally decided enough is enough and brought action.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.