City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Fans are entitled to criticize the club, or at least ask questions of them or doubt them. In my opinion.
We've been defending them to the hilt for the last 8-10 years now in the face of accusation after accusation.
That's not me saying that I haven't been doing my best in defending my club the past 24 hours!
In lay mans terms, its quite hard to put a good argument favouring City in terms of yesterday's news.

We are allowed to stop and ask, why have we done this, it doesn't look good etc.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be talking about four in a row still?
I think the issue is really this: You have the vested interests and the previous “cartel” who don’t like the new competition. That’s camp one. The second camp is the group of newly wealthy teams busting everything apart. Some claim they act like they can do what they like. And neither camp is right. The problem is the Premier League has not found a way of navigating through these two camps properly. They are clearly after city and have been developing rule upon rule to try and stop us. And failed. Clearly, if we’ve been accounting falsely, we are bang to rights. But who knows at this point what the actual facts are. I trust my club and have faith but I am sure the prem will be looking at city through a biased lens egged on by camp one.
All I can tell you is I am really sick of this and would like to be talking about football. A guy on talkSPORT has just referred to City as the Harvard of football these days. Everyone is trying to emulate how we play football, poaching our chief exec and coaching assistants now leading several other prem teams and Bayern. I’d love to be able to smile about that and the trophies we have won. We are in dreamland from where I’ve been as a city fan. Meanwhile, there is just this ongoing relentless legal stuff and I’m just sick of my team being dragged through the mud rather than being celebrated.
If it all goes to rat shit I’ll still go wherever it is and never forget the joy of ageuroooo, centurions, four in a row, Istanbul, the treble, best team in all the world being a fact not a song.

Last edited:
'Somewhere in all this there is surely a deal to be made. You drop the charges, we’ll drop the lawsuit. And then it may all go away. But City will have gamed the system. Whichever way you look at it, City are trying to beat the system.'

'They call this a “tyranny of the majority”. What they mean is that they cannot live with a democracy.

Yet the success of the Premier League is founded on the principles of democratic decision-making. A system of majority-agreement governance ensures that the Premier League remains a competition that the majority want to compete in.

It is this that Manchester City are seeking to detonate in court next Monday. My colleague Matt Lawton reports that this has sparked “civil war in English football’s top flight”. Indeed, the clubs must fight tooth and nail; they have everything to fight for'

Yes that's certainly a balanced take.

Stefan doesn't sound very hopeful about our success on Talks****

Just throwing this out there, but is there a way that us losing this 'challenge' but then winning the '115' battle kind of works out well for both us and the PL?

It begs the question, if as Stefan said we are very unlikely to win this case, why have the club taken it on?

Get a revote on it with Leicester in the league with their associated sponsors? Tips it away from being what they are declaring a unanimous vote.

Got to say, to a layman (which I am) it seems that the APT rules are there for good reason and I can't see why, of all things, we are trying to pick those apart.

Personally, I'm sick of it all to my stomach. I just want to watch football and celebrate my team. This is really detracting from the joy of the sport.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.