City launch legal action against the Premier League | Unconfirmed reports that City have secured "potentially significant victory" (p 808)

Not me - the Super League is even more anti-competitive than current regulations.

I don't think any football fan in this country should want the Super League. But there should also be a recognition that other than relegation and promotion the PL is already becoming in essence a Super League with the gap between it and the Championship growing more and more and making it harder for newly promoted teams to compete.

We need an independent regulator.

Fans of other clubs need to wake up to the fact this isn't good against evil (City). The other owners want to preserve the status quo and their end goal will be to create a system whereby their returns are maximised and their investment doesn't have to be significant to get it. They will want a spending cap to help protect them from fans calling for more expenditure. They'll want an end to promotion and relegation. They'll want games abroad.

Doesn't look good? What sort of crap are you saying there? It looks fucking brilliant. We're standing up to the bent bastards.

Unfortunately he’s been brainwashed into believing we’re destroying the PL and removing all financial regulations.

He should probably go and support Utd or Liverpool instead if he’s that easily swayed.

Yes but it was one person at one club (we don't know the City are referring to the same incidents) so easy to dismiss by the Premier League as being irrelevant to the rules City are challenging
Agree, I just meant I think if a racist card is being played by the club, it is justified

Stefan! Fair play to him, but far too much stock placed in him imo.

By the way - I know we're using the very brilliant Paul Harris in relation to the 115. Are Monckton Chambers leading this too? If so - get extra popcorn in!
Yeah, we're being represented by Pannick, Harris, Rob Williams KC and David Gregory.

I don't think any football fan in this country should want the Super League. But there should also be a recognition that other than relegation and promotion the PL is already becoming in essence a Super League with the gap between it and the Championship growing more and more and making it harder for newly promoted teams to compete.

We need an independent regulator.

Fans of other clubs need to wake up to the fact this isn't good against evil (City). The other owners want to preserve the status quo and their end goal will be to create a system whereby their returns are maximised and their investment doesn't have to be significant to get it. They will want a spending cap to help protect them from fans calling for more expenditure. They'll want an end to promotion and relegation. They'll want games abroad.
Smaller sides with owners unable to fully back their clubs of course are at a huge disadvantage in the P/L. That they have made it to the P/L in the first place - at least for one season - is huge. But odds are against them from staying up.

With regard to an independent regulator... what's to regulate? Other than clubs overspending to the point of insolvency?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.